Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy WARS: The Office vs. I'm Alan Partridge

Which is better?

• The Office - Brent, Keenan & co. all the way

Votes: 105 47.7%
  • Alan Partridge - I'm not talking small Toblerones, these were MEDIUM-SIZED Toblerones!

Votes: 115 52.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Summer Heights High is SUPERB and I would recommend everyone seek it out.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Neither - both were absolute shite.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
AP all the way - The Office was OK once but Ricky Gervais (and his comedy personas) gets on my nerves. Is 'One Foot In The Grave' going to be matched up against anything? Or 'Father Ted'?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The Office was fantastic, but Alan Partridge, and especially the first series of 'I'm Alan Partridge' is my favourite comedy of all time so there's only going to be one winner for me; 'The best of Alan Partridge'.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Brent shades Partridge for me. Would have been a good final.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Office was comedic genius but Partridge gets my vote, he's up there with Del Boy as the best comedy character ever.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
The Office was/is quality. But nothing can touch Partridge (insert joke). If nothing else, To Kill a Mocking Alan is in my opinion the greatest comedy episode of all time. Much quoted and still VERY funny.

Stalker Jed Maxwell reveals a large tattoo of Alan’s face on his chest:
Jed: I’ll show you something.
Alan: Glory be!
Jed: It took 14 hours! I fainted three times.
Alan: Jed, I’ll level with you. I’m really scared now.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I think of the top of my head that Eddie Izzard is about the only comedian I have laughed out loud at in this century. There must be others, but they don't spring to mind. Funny TV series? You have to go back to the old classics, Only Fools and Horses, Fawlty Towers, Reggie Perrin and a few others. Life of Brian probably the best comedy film ever made.
Probably an age thing and connected to the things in life you have to compare the humour to. I've never worked in an office and have always had a desire to keep well away from. The office people I know, and have a knowledge of, leads me to think that both the series to vote on are very close to real life, which probably makes them hilarious if you are familiar with that type of thing.

Definitely an age/circumstance thing with the Office. My dad's worked on building sites for 40 years, and doesn't 'get' the office at all. But he likes Partridge, but Phoenix nights is his favourite. But great comedy is timeless....

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Also, for folk (quite a few) who dislike Ricky Gervais - the podcasts with Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington are brilliant...there's less of him amd more of Pilkington.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here