Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy WARS: The Office vs. I'm Alan Partridge

Which is better?

• The Office - Brent, Keenan & co. all the way

Votes: 105 47.7%
  • Alan Partridge - I'm not talking small Toblerones, these were MEDIUM-SIZED Toblerones!

Votes: 115 52.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't separate them. Both stand up to repeated viewings, just beautifully written and performed comedy of the highest order. Just give me boxsets of these two (and The Thick of It) and I wouldn't leave the house all weekend.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
My laughing gear must be wired up differently to a lot of other peoples, as I don't find either of them in the least bit funny, just ultra cringeworthy.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was never a Partridge fan, but love the office. It perfectly sums up the awkwardness of many workplaces. I recognise traits from several of the characters where I currently work.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think I know which will win this one, but I'd be interested to see by how much.

Well it is neck and neck so far, who did you think was going to win. Personally I thought The Office would have it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Add Karl Pilkington and An Idiot Abroad and these are easily my favourite comedies ever. Have them all on DVD and have know them word for word, but still find them hilarious. Rewatched the first series of Extras the other day, used to love that too but didn't enjoy it this time round. The other 3 are still incredible.

Partridge wins though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Struggling to think of any decent comedy coming out of Australia. Kath and Kim was nothing short of woeful, and that was very successful in Oz

The are some fantastic stand ups in Australia.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Jeesus this should be the final not a preliminary round!
I think The Office just shades it. Just. And I feel dirty having to make the choice. I think there are more laugh out loud moments that I can recall specifically right now in The Office which is why I've gone for it.
For me it's "He's thrown a kettle over a pub. What have you done?" versus "'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well it is neck and neck so far, who did you think was going to win. Personally I thought The Office would have it

I thought The Office would walk it, and that Partridge was slightly more niche. Pleased to see I was wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here