Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colourful characters

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Or nutter the description us up to you. But who's the best you've seen on your travels. I'm only asking because I've seen a couple of crackers the last few days.
Monday morning about 7.30 I was cycling into work a gentleman of the street walked past me. Dirty/torn clothes. Fag in mouth and bottle of cider in hand and with his other free hand was pushing an office wheelie chair in a kind of Zimmer/mobility device. It appeared to be the only thing holding him up.
And just now coming home from work a bloke, I'd say in his early sixties. Whinkle pickers, black and White dogtooth drainpipes, no top on just a heavily tattooed torso. Long grey hair, John Lennon shades. In one hand small bottle of vodka and the other hand a snake.
Beat those two :)

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
That’s what I love about New York – it’s full of every type of nutter and nobody pays the slightest attention (and that’s just the people I work with !)

The old chap who used to frequent Shoreham high-street with a bike, straw boater and stripey boating jacket (plus monacle, if I remember correctly), was quite colourful. Have a feeling he was a bit of a git in person though.

I am sure I remember him from around, ahem, 40 years ago when I was a kid, serenely cycling through Worthing giving royal waves to all and sundry. My favourite (although tbh it is cruel to mock the afflicted) was a "gentleman of the road" near the Calverley Road car park in TW. He was having a loud argument and was wildly swinging punches - with himself.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I once saw someone walking down the street with his willy out pissing as he walked along and getting it all over himself. This was at 8am in the morning.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
The old chap who used to frequent Shoreham high-street with a bike, straw boater and stripey boating jacket (plus monacle, if I remember correctly), was quite colourful. Have a feeling he was a bit of a git in person though.

Yeah, I remember him from when I was a kid in Shoreham. Mum & Dad called hime "The Toff". Foul-mouth on him, though.

I remember always seeing a "homeless gentleman" wandering around Brighton Station back in 80's. He would point an imaginary gun at people and often the pigeons making the sound effects.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
And just now coming home from work a bloke, I'd say in his early sixties. Whinkle pickers, black and White dogtooth drainpipes, no top on just a heavily tattooed torso. Long grey hair, John Lennon shades. In one hand small bottle of vodka and the other hand a snake.
Beat those two :)

I'm sure I've seen this guy a couple of times in George St?!?!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
On the way into work this morning I passed a lad who could only have been 18/19ish in (to be fair to him) a very nice navy blue sports casual blazer with white trim/piping. However, he had combined it with

1) a straw trilby;
2) red plastic framed glasses with no lenses;
3) a piano key tie over I think what was a Led Zep or similar band t-shirt;
4) grey and black checked carrot-legged hareem pants, and
5) lime green espadrills.

I mean it was literally like he'd thrown all his clothes out the window and worn what landed first. The mind boggles how his day panned out.

EDIT: This was my 1,000th post on NSC. On an OT thread about random bizarre individuals you've seen in the street. It feels somehow like fate that it wouldn't be about football. :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We always knew him as the mad major

horace.jpg

Although he was also known as Burlington Bertie, Horace and Lord Bracknell

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I too live in Essex...Leigh...not many loonies around here.

Brighton has so many eccentrics I can remember. "spider" mad rasta in a wheelchair who used to go like a f***ing nut down St. James st. I also recall "Peter pants" in Stanford ave area...y fronts pulled up to mid thorax and a mad comb over..Black Widow..kemp town crazy woman all in black used to scare the shit out of all..obviously the aforementioned Burlington Bertie of Worthing town.

Also "the walker" always marching along Ditchling Road with his snorkel Parka done right up to the top and rucksack on in the middle of summer.

I miss you all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here