Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Collectors - What is your most bizarre collection ?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Don't know if its bizarre, but photos. I've got about 60,000 or so and counting!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We met someone on the cruise this year where him and his son actually traded in Nintendo 64 games. I have his details somewhere if you want me to dig it out.

Ooh, nice work - i'd appreciate that!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have a large wallet that in each slip lays a Bruce Forsyth moustache toupee. I wear them only occasionally, but when doing so have a friend film my every sideways and harumphing glance in moments of disappointment, and have a woman 35 years my junior, making her 2, strut alongside me, guffawing madly at my every ancient gag. When he perishes i'll wear them all on top of each other that day. 48 moustaches on an untrained lip. It might be disastrous, but it's an ode to a man i only very slightly respect.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you get a chance, go to the Imperial War Museum and see Lord Ashcroft's collection of VC's and GC's - each one shown with a back story that never fails to to bring a lump to my throat. The bravery of the women in Special Operations Executive especially was almost unbelievable.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Licence plates, have around 50 from various countries/states of the US. Criteria is they need to be genuine ones off a car and not novelty ones!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Bodies !!! :)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Apart from that books on True Crime Psychology and Criminology

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
If you get a chance, go to the Imperial War Museum and see Lord Ashcroft's collection of VC's and GC's - each one shown with a back story that never fails to to bring a lump to my throat. The bravery of the women in Special Operations Executive especially was almost unbelievable.

I prefer the average guys story to be fair,Maybe not as exciting.But last one i reserched was a ww1 victory medal to a guy in navy who went from ship to ship.All ships traced via various places.He didnt do much then ended up in a ship supporting The Gallipoli Campaign.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I prefer the average guys story to be fair,Maybe not as exciting.But last one i reserched was a ww1 victory medal to a guy in navy who went from ship to ship.All ships traced via various places.He didnt do much then ended up in a ship supporting The Gallipoli Campaign.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that the other medals aren't deserved it's just that it's rare for the story behind them to be available. The one thing that strikes me about the VC and GC is the egalitarian nature of the awards. As often as not it's a corporal or a mere bobby on the beat.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone know the psychological reason why people collect things? Also, do you think it is more of a male trait?

I collect pre-1998 colour photos of Brighton & Hove Albion (preferably unautographed), programmes, magazine articles, video footage. It's a healthy obsession, I promise!

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that the other medals aren't deserved it's just that it's rare for the story behind them to be available. The one thing that strikes me about the VC and GC is the egalitarian nature of the awards. As often as not it's a corporal or a mere bobby on the beat.

You can get a lot of info from various sources,but it can be hard work and time consuming.When you think of the numbers of medals though it makes you think about what the average guy went through and the stories.For example 6 and a half million British War medals were awarded.An unbelievable number

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
everytime I visted a different country I'd always try and buy Monopoly

also foreign bank notes

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I still have 400 videos I religiously collected over years but the ******* dvd took over. Probably worth 10p for the lot but still proudly on my shelves at home.

I also have a VHS collection - mostly American national parks. I hate throwing stuff away, but is it even worth asking charity shops if they take them? I've been transferring the PAL ones to DVD, but do many people even have the equipment to play tapes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here