Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Collection of Tweets re Gus sacking

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
The average viewer of BBC Three isnt going to read the Club Statement though - so he is turning people against us as he thinks this is a game.

These such people are clear idiots, but people none the less.

Be fair, the average BBC Three viewer is looking at Chapman, Poyet and Ekoku and wondering which one to Snog, Marry Avoid

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our club is an absolute joke at the moment.

Whoever is responsible for this embarrassing, unprofessional and outright disgraceful behaviour from the club needs to be sacked.

If God forbid it's TB's doing, let's hope it's down to inexperience and he learns from this monumental mistake.

Think you'll find the person has been sacked re: your second paragraph.

TB inexperienced? The guy is worth over a billion quid he didn't get it from the tooth fairy.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Deep pockets which we , the fans, need to subsidise (according to Barber)

Ok son time for bed. And no there's no monsters at the end of the bed

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
As someone who is claiming to be media savvy. Surely you understand that in today's PR led climate the truth is an illusion and spin is King. Whether he is lying or not , someone at the club has made a monumental **** up by releasing this statement at the time they did and giving Gus a national television audience to play with in order to improve his reputation and damage the clubs'.

Absolutely this. Really poor and embarrassing

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
As somebody else said on another thread - The type of people who will get sucked in by Gus Poyet's bull tonight are the kind of morons who watch X-Factor and think that everything that they are watching and hearing i.e manufactured sob-stories - are true.

'Poor Gus!'. Do me a favour!

This is like a game to Gus, and he's using the BBC as a pawn

Spot on. People should read the club statement, Gus knew about the sacking, he hardly looked surprised when the issue was brought up.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
Am I the only one that finds a certain irony that everyone is screaming about this being released when he was live on tv.

He said himself that negotiations were going back and forth with his appointed representative today. It was later commented that his representative and the club had both sent details to him.

So the only reason he was made aware of it on tv was because during the crucial part of negotiations over his main job that he clearly is desperate to keep, as he said so earnestly, he chose to have the club deal with his representative rather than himself and made the decision to put his media career first making himself unavailable and it appears putting him in a place where his reception was the problem.

Let me repeat, the matter became known on air because GUS chose to put himself there instead of putting the interests of the club first.

Yep clearly the clubs fault. No doubt whatsoever they should have delayed all club matters so that he could be on tv again.

For the record I think the timing was poor and could have been handled better - but I can understand why they'd be pissed at something so serious apparently being treated so casually by the other party. After all the representatives clearly had no trouble reaching him and getting him to deal with it once the statement had been made. Looked a bit like one bluff well and truly called to me & I have some respect for the club for having the balls to do it. Just wish it wasn't necessary though.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Some of them are supposedly our friends in the game (Plymouth, Wrexham...)

Ooooooooohhh FRIENDS! Football Friends!!

FRIEND_4cc29b_979214.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As somebody else said on another thread - The type of people who will get sucked in by Gus Poyet's bull tonight are the kind of morons who watch X-Factor and think that everything that they are watching and hearing i.e manufactured sob-stories - are true.

'Poor Gus!'. Do me a favour!

So your analogy essentially says that the club teamed up with Gus to create a news-storm :facepalm: Trust me, the club are spinning just as hard on this one

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Am I the only one that finds a certain irony that everyone is screaming about this being released when he was live on tv.

He said himself that negotiations were going back and forth with his appointed representative today. It was later commented that his representative and the club had both sent details to him.

So the only reason he was made aware of it on tv was because during the crucial part of negotiations over his main job that he clearly is desperate to keep, as he said so earnestly, he chose to have the club deal with his representative rather than himself and made the decision to put his media career first making himself unavailable and it appears putting him in a place where his reception was the problem.

Let me repeat, the matter became known on air because GUS chose to put himself there instead of putting the interests of the club first.

Yep clearly the clubs fault. No doubt whatsoever they should have delayed all club matters so that he could be on tv again.

For the record I think the timing was poor and could have been handled better - but I can understand why they'd be pissed at something so serious apparently being treated so casually by the other party. After all the representatives clearly had no trouble reaching him and getting him to deal with it once the statement had been made. Looked a bit like one bluff well and truly called to me & I have some respect for the club for having the balls to do it. Just wish it wasn't necessary though.

The club's screwed him over and has encouraged the majority of our fans to screw him over. As the Peterborough Chairman said, you don't mess with Tony Bloom. I have all the sympathy in the world for Gus Poyet at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here