Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim Richards

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Thanks for your kind words.
I get the stick because I defended him when he was here, but i dont really know what else I was expected to do!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He strutted around like a complete tool last night, culminating in him grabbing his crown jewels in front of the Albion supporters and giving us what I can only assume was meant to be some sort of "wankers" gesture.

Didn't think he played that badly but he had a huge attitude about him and, like Jordan Rhodes, seemed to expect a foul to be given every time anybody tackled him.

Also seems to have put on a fair bit of weight. It's a large and highly amusing fail when you attempt to convey via Twitter how angry you are with the result by typing "LIVED!" in capital letters :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thanks for your kind words.
I get the stick because I defended him when he was here, but i dont really know what else I was expected to do!

A TRUE Brighton fan wins a competition out of all of the other league clubs and people want to take digs and snipes at someone they don't know.

I know we've chatted about this in the past and it's an absolute joke what you had to go through. I hope the same people, if they are still on NSC have apologised for being utter twunts!

I bet they've never heard about the bird! ;)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
What did he do - I don't think i know this?

He entered the Coca Cola competition(oooh, back before you were born I think) when they sponsored the Football League to get £250k for the club of your choice. Jam the Man won out of the whole of the country (ok, he did buy 1000 cans of coke!) and we bought CKR with some of the proceeds.

However, when CKR wasn't as good as some "fans" thought he was at the time, people took it on themselves to blame Jam the Man and sent him spiteful PM's & stuff...Thats about it isn't it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He entered the Coca Cola competition(oooh, back before you were born I think) when they sponsored the Football League to get £250k for the club of your choice. Jam the Man won out of the whole of the country (ok, he did buy 1000 cans of coke!) and we bought CKR with some of the proceeds.

However, when CKR wasn't as good as some "fans" thought he was at the time, people took it on themselves to blame Jam the Man and sent him spiteful PM's & stuff...Thats about it isn't it?

Unbelievable, genuinely. Football fans can be such thick tossers sometimes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Ah -he's Arron Berry (from memory) i thought it may be but never realised he posted on here. Read that interview in the programme recently where he said he got stick?!?!? Couldn't believe it! Mr Berry (i hope that is his name?!) - You're a legend!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Yeah well summed up!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Ah -he's Arron Berry (from memory) i thought it may be but never realised he posted on here. Read that interview in the programme recently where he said he got stick?!?!? Couldn't believe it! Mr Berry (i hope that is his name?!) - You're a legend!

LOL..close enough (Aaron)!
I'm not anywhere near a legend - i was/am just pleased to have been lucky enough to win to help out the club we all love. Others maybe dont see it that way.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ridiculous. And CKR seemed a very hot prospect at the time too, and not just as the prime Piglets Pantry pie purchaser that it sounds like he's turned into now. JTM, you should have gone to the police about these gobby little turds who've never done anything in their sad little lives.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not anywhere near a legend - i was/am just pleased to have been lucky enough to win to help out the club we all love. Others maybe dont see it that way.

Fact is, you bothered to enter etc. Legend in my eyes - always wanted to give you a pat on the back - even if it is a virtual one.. :)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Ridiculous. And CKR seemed a very hot prospect at the time too, and not just as the prime Piglets Pantry pie purchaser that it sounds like he's turned into now. JTM, you should have gone to the police about these gobby little turds who've never done anything in their sad little lives.

I actually work for the Police, and sought advice re the emails - in the end i decided it wasn't worth wasting my time on the idiots. In the end once the whole saga was over it was a big relief to me... though i still got further abuse when he did well during Euro 2008!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

A bloody big "well done" fore winning that thing.

Actually I thought CKR was OK when he was with us and had the potential, if properly managed, to be a very good player.

All the abuse on here appears to come from 12 year olds. I wish they'd concentrate on their school books.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

To be honest, sensible people will see it as you said. At the time, we had naff all in terms of liquid cash for players and I remember salivating at the possibility of actually paying proper money for a player!!

Its not your fault he basically ambled about giving it the the Big I Am and seemed to get by on only shooting from ludicrous distances. I was pretty excited and pleased by the whole thing so kudos to you for giving at least me a bit of excitement!!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
was there an NSC thread when you won? did you choose how the money was spent at all? (if you didn't then why was it your fault about CKR?)

As I recall, NSC was down from April 2005 until mid summer, so there was never a thread at the time of winning (May 2005). I think a fair bit was on another forum though (Brighton Fans Forum).. and maybe NSP.
No i didn't get any say in who we bought (and rightfully so!) - though bizarrely Coca Cola staff really pushed for me to be involved in transfer negotiations!
All i said at the time was i felt we needed a striker...

Still my fault though apparently!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here