Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
eh what :shrug:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
two versions of the song Lost exist. One (the one on the album) has a ! while one that you can download has a ? and is more acoustic and in my view is the much better version. Can be downloaded from iTunes

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For me on listening to the whole album the stand outs are

Viva La Vida
Life In Technicolour

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
violet hill is a TUNE

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Violet Hill is not one of my favourites. Viva La Vida has evrything, a towering tour de force song with the band and orchestral backing and Martin's vocals have never been better. It is one of if not their finest ever song imo. Worth the price of the album for that 1 track alone.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Well to hell with the lot of you.

I went into Woolworths today and brazenly pciked the Coldplay Album from the display stand. I even looked at it and read the track titles whlist people were walking past me. Hell I don't care !.

I took the CD to the counter and the 16 year old girl picked up my shiny new copy from the shelf whilst giving me a look mixed between disgust and pity.

I am now blaring it out on my CD no doubt to the ridicule of the neighbours. The first track is a belter, an instrumental track which hightlights the genius of these musicians. It fecking ROCKS. The other stand out is Viva la Vida surr to become a clasic summer song when it is undoutedebly released as a single.

A full review will follow in due course.

So in short I DON'T BLOODY WELL CARE IF I AM UN COOL SO THERE.

Well said :clap: It's bloody great!
'Lovers In Japan' is one of my favourites.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
bought it in cd form today(how retro!) ita a gd album and is a grower im sure, very different but fits with the progression of thier music from their last albums. id say a 8/10

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hypocritical, boring, up it's own back arse, meaningless shithouse.

And YES I listenened to it.

Expectedly rubbish.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
their worst album so far although it's not bad. They are sounding more and more like other bands now in fact one of the tracks even sounds like the stone roses. And before you ask zep i am a fan of the band.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Decent show at Brixton last night, but a few too many new ones imo...

Life in Technicolor
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Viva La Vida
Trouble
Chinese Sleep Chant
God Put A Smile
Square One
Trouble
Lost!
Strawberry Swing
Yellow
Fix You
Lovers in Japan
The Goldrush / Death Will Never Conquer
(Talk remix)
Fix You
Lovers in Japan

After that we ran across town to see Elbow's encore at the Festival Hall. :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They are second rate.

The tedious bland funeral music they churn out was done better by Pink Floyd.

Martin also has a long way to go to catch the lead singer of Radiohead in the pretentious twat stakes.

Like the beatles stones etc they are only a band. You either like, hate or are indifferent. In the grand scheme of things Minstrals rank low with other entertainers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I went against the coolboys and downloaded this album over the weekend and once again I find myself really liking their stuff in small doses, more than 4 tracks and it really starts to irritate me though as it gets very samey, so I have to turn it off and come back in a few hours. Definitely music that grows on you though which imo is the sign of good songs.

I wonder what they'd be like if they had a singer with a decent voice as although he does a pretty good job with what he's got, Martin's voice is weak in the same way that Eric Claptons is and I'm sure the songs would benefit from a bit of strength in the lead singers voice.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Coldplay - the crapper they get, the more they sell. And they were never much cop to start with. How does THAT work? ???

you aren't wrong BUT i personally thought some of the first album was ok

then i heard it again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Live on BBC2 NOW for fans.

Also live on BBC2 NOW for non-fans.

Only caught the last 20 mins and it was quite shite, as none of their voices are up to live music, imo.

larus

What amazes me is that so many of these so called music fans were mourning the loss of John Peel when he died, and praising him for his wide-ranging musical taste. In his favourites box, he had Sheena Easton - Morning Train.

These so called music fans then state that an artist is crap. That is an absolutely ludicrous statement to make. You may not like them, they may not be cool amongst your friends, but they cannot be called crap. If they were crap, it wouldn't sell. It's not your taste, end of.

Do I like them? A bit. However my musical taste is more Linkin Park, AC/DC, G'n'R, Metallica, Megadeth, Papa Roach, MCR, AFI, Lacuna Coil, Limp Bizkit, Green Day, Seether, Biffy Clyro, Disturbed, Tool, Stone Sour, Hinder, Lostprophets (I could go on).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here