Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldplay's New Album

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Just downloaded it from itunes on its release today. On first listen it can't touch X and Y but get the feeling it will gradually grow on me. I know I have probaby laid myself open to all sorts of abuse here for listening to '' a bunch of bedwetters'' as they have been called in the past but would be interested to know your thoughts.

By the way are their any guitarists out there that can help with a Roddy Frame (ex Aztec Camera front man) song I am struggling with. Have to play it at a mate's wedding but can't work out some of the chords. Can send the link with the (two or three wrongly transcripted) chords and the MP3 if anyone is willing to help out.

Regards from rainy Chiba, (where English teacher Lindsay Ann Hawker was tortured to death by some whackjob that still hasn't been caught by the muggy police here in) Japan.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
tenner says its shit.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
coldshite are f***ing GASH when will morons learn this blatant FACT

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can never cope with listening to a full album without wanting to scream and turn it off, the voice does start to irritate after a few tracks.

But I do like a lot of their stuff and most of their stuff has definitely grown on me the more I listen. I also like what I've heard of the track that is played on the tv advertising the new album.

Coldplay are NSC's bete noire band and it's very cool to slag them off but I think they're pretty good...but then I'm quite old and not very cool:lol:

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Nice one Icy. I'm touching 40 but still like to pretend I'm hip by keeping up with the latest chooons. Coldplay become big so in the annoyingly English tradition of jealoulsy hating anything remotely successful is inevitable. Oh well, not expecting to get any positive feeback!!!!!!!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Nice one Icy. I'm touching 40 but still like to pretend I'm hip by keeping up with the latest chooons. Coldplay become big so in the annoyingly English tradition of jealoulsy hating anything remotely successful is inevitable. Oh well, not expecting to get any positive feeback!!!!!!!!

its got nothing to do with how Big they are, they are just f***ing rubbish and their songs make people wanna commit suicide and that is a FACT, the singing and tunes are just soooooo pony its untrue.....god its winding me up just thinking about them......i'm gone!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
tenor says its shit.

Lalala lalala laaa...
Eeeeets SHEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

dp1776273mn4.jpg

A bit like that you mean?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
its got nothing to do with how Big they are, they are just f***ing rubbish and their songs make people wanna commit suicide and that is a FACT, the singing and tunes are just soooooo pony its untrue.....god its winding me up just thinking about them......i'm gone!

Thanks for your input Marc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

What would a fan of punk know about music then ?:p

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have never understood this irrational hatred of Coldplay. X and Y was a good album as were the 2 before. Speed of Sound was a superb track.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I have never understood this irrational hatred of Coldplay. X and Y was a good album as were the 2 before. Speed of Sound was a superb track.

Good call, US. From previous posts I know you have excellent taste.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

It's all subjective, Uncle S but a lot of people do find them bland. I do too, although there are songs of theirs I do like. I can never get tired of litening to Yellow and their 1st album was pretty good. Ever since they've just never "clicked" with me.

If you like 'em then you listen to 'em and f*** everyone else.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is also because of their huge status no matter what anyone says. If they were a band selling 500 records playing at the Concorde all thetrendies on here who slag them off would be raving about them and that is a FACT.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here