Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldplay album review - nastiest review ever?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How fantastically snobbish. So come on then - what wondrously crafted music do you listen to? And more to the point will the rest of us enjoy listening to it? I don't really want to be intellectually challenged listening to music, I want to ENJOY it.

Only stuff that will change the World.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That's rich coming from you.

edit: (without wishing to be unpleasant) most times I have seen you post an opinion on something which someone later disagrees with you seem unable to accept that their opinion differs to your own without it being a windup or them being married to a supermodel or something :)

Yeah, I used to be a bit of a pompous pr*ck it has to be said :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Radiohead are similar to Coldplay imo, not the music but they seem to be reverred for their Stadium indulgences. If Chris Martin had written " Let Down " he would be called a snivelling, self pitying sh*t but as Tom Yorke wrote it, it is genius. Seems different rules are applied to different people.

I think Coldplay are quite cheery compared to Radiohead.:cheery:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A sky full of stars is what Coldplay can do other than that it is disapointing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
There are a lot of bands that I can't stand. Mainly Coldplay. I think they're everything that's wrong and bad - not just about music, but probably the world. They're saying nothing. It's kind of music for estate agents, sort of going round the supermarket: "oh, I'll have Coldplay in my basket, I'll go home and listen to it when I have a dinner party." Music is a creative thing, y'know, it's like painting or writing a book, so to do something so unimaginative and so run-of-the-mill and everyday...it's like a missed opportunity to do something great.

Coldplay invented that sort of high pitched drivel that, briefly, everyone copied then got bored leaving Chris Martin and the gang wailing away to a simple note progression on a piano over and over and over.

I've always loathed it myself and find it about as interesting to listen to as a bloke with eczema of the scrotum, and bitten nails, scratching himself through his underpants.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Coldplay invented that sort of high pitched drivel that, briefly, everyone copied then got bored leaving Chris Martin and the gang wailing away to a simple note progression on a piano over and over and over.

I've always loathed it myself and find it about as interesting to listen to as a bloke with eczema of the scrotum, and bitten nails, scratching himself through his underpants.

Really ? you have that much hate for a group ? Incredible.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Really ? you have that much hate for a group ? Incredible.

No, I don't hate them personally... I just find their format highly tedious.

I mentioned earlier that I'd met Chris Martin by chance in my mates kitchen. He was a nice bloke.

He asked me about my job...in those days I was a sales rep...so I was telling him all about my boring life, my **** of a boss and whatnot...after about ten minutes of me crapping on and him listening politely I realised what I was doing and stopped mid sentence ans said.."ffs Chris can't we talk about your world tour or your platinum selling albums instead?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here