Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldplay album review - nastiest review ever?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think the best review I ever read was many years ago when that novelty song was released by the comedian I forget the name of (he's still around, Tony Hawk or something), anyway the song was called "Stutter Rap". The review read as follows:

"Stutter Rap. Utter Crap."

My favourite was for The Chemical Brothers' "Push The Button". It read 'which one, stop or eject?'.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think the best review I ever read was many years ago when that novelty song was released by the comedian I forget the name of (he's still around, Tony Hawk or something), anyway the song was called "Stutter Rap". The review read as follows:

Great song that, I still have the 7" somewhere!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Quietus is a very smug, self satisfied website. It wants to be similar to the NME in the late 70's, but like all things in the world of rock and roll, is very derivative.

Having said that, Coldplay and a smug, self satisfied band, and Chris Martin, talented though he is as an instrumentalist, is irritating in the extreme.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I love the Quietus, most of the journalism is outstanding.

This review is just childish and pointless. Clickbait (proven by the fact it's ended up on here.)

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Coldplay have got progressively worse over the past two albums however they have produced some great music. Most people that slate Coldplay haven't actually listened to a whole album, standard sheep jumping on the Coldplay hate wagon.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Whats the point in writing an article full of swearwords and then starring them out? If you meant the word you meant the word. May as well have just posted a page of stars instead.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hating Coldplay is like hating cress or magnolia paint - really not worth the effort.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Or as I like to call it "music for a Daily Mail readers dinner party". People call Ernest a one trick pony on here. Chris Martin is the Messiah of being a one trick pony.

In your opinion. Millions would disagree. I mean The Scientist a sh*t song ? really ?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Reminds me of one I saw for the first solo album by Fred Schneider, former B52s member. The review was "Simply Fred? Simply shit!"

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
All this Coldplay hate is very dull and boring now. They have made some brilliant songs that have enhanced many people's lives. Live and let live.

You could take the words 'All' 'This' and 'hate' from your first sentence and it would be true (gramatically incorrect, but still true).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here