Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cockney Rhyming Slang

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Is that Cockney Dougie or Norwood Dougie, so far on this thread has been about six different rhyming words for piles.
Norwood dougie , but if you want to argue who is or isn't a true cockney the I suggest you find out where the bow bells are , anyway I digress , cockney rhyming slang is in my experience most widely used in south London , and south east London in particular.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I like the golfing slang terms.

Hitler= 2 shots in the bunker.

Diego (Maradonna)= Nasty five footer. etc

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am a brickie and I use a Gary to make sure my walls are plumb (Gary Neville =level)

:lolol: I like this, I am a plumber and use my own slang for work(not a very exciting job)

pigs bladder-ladder.
David Gower-shower.
Laura Croft-loft..(used to be annabell croft, but Laura is better looking)
Bob Wilsons-stillsons.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Norwood dougie , but if you want to argue who is or isn't a true cockney the I suggest you find out where the bow bells are , anyway I digress , cockney rhyming slang is in my experience most widely used in south London , and south east London in particular.

I thought it was the City of London and within ear shot of Bow Bells, and the Thames was its southern boundary.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I don't think this is rhyming slang but can anyone tell me where the word shant comes from? (as in drink)

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thought it was the City of London and within ear shot of Bow Bells, and the Thames was its southern boundary.

You're right , its st Mary le bow on cheapside , as for boundaries , they're determined by earshot , I suppose it was a lot further before the advent of high buildings , but in recent times I'd reckon the only true cockneys were people born in barts .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
ill have a butchers (hook) - look

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Piles is Farmers ( Farmer Giles )
Normally in evidence when having an Eartha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here