Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coca Cola kid, £250,000 and ?

I know Dick Knight is preying for Flamer just like all Brighton fans are, but what really fucks me off is Dick tight sells a player when the offer is right but never puts the money back into team strengthening and relies on freebies, etc.

Why spend £250,000 grand on a youth player who has scored a handful of goals for Bury for? We’re all hoping the kid comes good and scores shit loads of goals and keeps us in this division. Where’s Dick is thinking about the vultures descending on our club again and make a tidy profit.

We’ve been so lucky over the years buying unknowns and selling for a heavy profit, but it’ll come to an end then we’ll be f***ed. And while I’m here, I’d not put it past Dick to still charge £20 odd quid to watch us at Falmer when we get the green light. Us footy fans want to watch good football at realistic prices but the chairman and co think about their pockets. Oh, and dick says not one single person can own the club, why is that?

So he expects someone to come in with big money and pump it in, will he match them pound for pound? Like f***, So, anyone in their right mind wouldn’t pump serious money in if the rest don’t, does dick knight expect someone to spend millions and he takes a profit from someone else’s money?

Dick knight, once you’ve got Flamer then please move over if someone comes along with money.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully the mantra of a selling club will change once Falmer is built.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Oceanic said:
I know Dick Knight is preying for Flamer just like all Brighton fans are, but what really fucks me off is Dick tight sells a player when the offer is right but never puts the money back into team strengthening and relies on freebies, etc.

Why spend £250,000 grand on a youth player who has scored a handful of goals for Bury for? We’re all hoping the kid comes good and scores shit loads of goals and keeps us in this division. Where’s Dick is thinking about the vultures descending on our club again and make a tidy profit.

We’ve been so lucky over the years buying unknowns and selling for a heavy profit, but it’ll come to an end then we’ll be f***ed. And while I’m here, I’d not put it past Dick to still charge £20 odd quid to watch us at Falmer when we get the green light. Us footy fans want to watch good football at realistic prices but the chairman and co think about their pockets. Oh, and dick says not one single person can own the club, why is that?

So he expects someone to come in with big money and pump it in, will he match them pound for pound? Like f***, So, anyone in their right mind wouldn’t pump serious money in if the rest don’t, does dick knight expect someone to spend millions and he takes a profit from someone else’s money?

Dick knight, once you’ve got Flamer then please move over if someone comes along with money.

I couldn't have put that more eloquently myself :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
m20gull said:
I think it unlikely to change when we have a £50million stadium to pay for and are getting 10-15000 fans every week

Maybe not but we can always hope

m20gull said:
I think it unlikely to change when we have a £50million stadium to pay for and are getting 10-15000 fans every week

Not if we're in the 2nd division. What's to say we won't be when the stadium is complete? Will the club still charge extortionate money?

The only reason why we are where we are for is because of withdean, it's not the teams over the last 4-5 years, just like Mickey Adams said 'It's the withdean factor that has made Brighton successful over the years and teams are finding that out now'.

Withdean is a surreal place to visit but now teams have now adjusted to the place. We was always one step ahead but not anymore.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Coca Cola kid, £250,000 and Jason Dodd, Federico Turienzo, Sebastien Carole, Alexandre Frutos, Paul McShane, Florent Chaigneau, Alan Blayney, Wayne Henderson.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oceanic said:
What's to say we won't be when the stadium is complete? Will the club still charge extortionate money?

Actually my biggest fear as well. The club will need to employ a very good commercial manager and learn from the other clubs about how to get bums on seats.

Some games will need to be £1 for accompanied kids so the club can build up a fan base = selling more programs, burger, drinks and replica shirts.

Also it will mean looking very hard at deciding what price a season ticket will cost.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Coca Cola kid, £250,000 and Jason Dodd, Federico Turienzo, Sebastien Carole, Alexandre Frutos, Paul McShane, Florent Chaigneau, Alan Blayney, Wayne Henderson.

Some very good players there!

Beach Hut said:
Actually my biggest fear as well. The club will need to employ a very good commercial manager and learn from the other clubs about how to get bums on seats.

Some games will need to be £1 for accompanied kids so the club can build up a fan base = selling more programs, burger, drinks and replica shirts.

Also it will mean looking very hard at deciding what price a season ticket will cost.

Think children should be allowed in for a quid with an adult and season tickets should be slashed to a more realistic price. It'll be hard for the first season. but the first will give the club an estimate on how sales will be for the following season.

If the season tickets are poor then knock them down so the stadium is full. Better atmosphere will help the team and encourage fans to attend. When the teams gets better and we do well in cups, etc then put the prices up, but that all depends on how successful we are. I don’t mind paying good money if we're entertained. but not when we're watching total garbage.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Oceanic said:
Sorry, how many are loans and how many are feebies?

There is no such thing as "feebies" ... wages need to be paid don't forget.

£1000 per week for two years = £100,000 committment.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Coca Cola kid, £250,000 and ?

Ernest said:
I couldn't have put that more eloquently myself :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Your spelling would be vastly better.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oceanic said:
The only reason why we are where we are for is because of withdean, it's not the teams over the last 4-5 years, just like Mickey Adams said 'It's the withdean factor that has made Brighton successful over the years and teams are finding that out now'.
What a load of BOLLOCKS

Are you seriously suggesting the more piss-poor the ground is, the more succesful the team will be ? Nothing to do with having a solid defence, competative midfield and one of two half-decent strikers over the last few seasons who've done the business for us ? Added to the fact that there are still 23 games to play AWAY from home that you generally need to get points from to have any chance of success.

"The only reason we're in the Championship now is because of Withdean" ? ? I really have heard it all now.

:shootself

Oceanic said:
Us footy fans want to watch good football at realistic prices but the chairman and co think about their pockets.
Really? How much do you think they have taken out of the Club over the past seven years?

Oceanic said:
Oh, and dick says not one single person can own the club, why is that?
Not just Dick. That change had the full support of most Albion fans.

Oceanic said:

Bearing in mind the fact that the Club will be borrowing MILLIONS to build Falmer, I would hope that the first call on any trading profit will be to repay that debt, not line the pockets of ANY director, whether that's Dick Knight or a big new investor.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re: Re: Coca Cola kid, £250,000 and ?

Lord Bracknell said:
Not just Dick. That change had the full support of most Albion fans.

I'm not disputing this fact but I wonder how anyone ever knows what most/all Albion fans think, believe and support. What is the basis for your comment?

Re: Re: Re: Coca Cola kid, £250,000 and ?

Bozza said:
I'm not disputing this fact but I wonder how anyone ever knows what most/all Albion fans think, believe and support. What is the basis for your comment?
As far as this particular issue is concerned, I would justify my comment on the basis of the fact that hardly anybody questioned the rule change when the new Board took over and hardly anyone has questioned it since.

In general terms, though, you have a point. What do Albion fans think about anything? The answer to that will only be found out if and when a democratically controlled Supporters' Trust comes into being.

Maybe we need to be making that move as soon as the Falmer - YES decision is announced?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here