Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COC Final

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I have nothing against Gus, but you have to wonder how he got Sunderland to Wembley and on the way beat Chelsea. Yet he only got us as far as the play offs last year. A great manager should get the best out of what he has. Gus has beaten better teams on the way to wembley with Sunderland, why could he not manage that with us? We had Palace and Watford to beat to get to the premiership. Look who Sunderland beat.

Was Gus on the pitch playing all eleven positions? No. The players lost us the Palace game.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Was Gus on the pitch playing all eleven positions? No. The players lost us the Palace game.

What's that got to do with it? Are Man Utd better off under Moyes? Are Wigan Better off under Uwe Rösler? Now tell me a manager does not make a difference.
There is a big difference losing a game and playing well and not turning up. Sunderland looked up for it against Chelsea and for much of the match today. Please do not tell me that Brighton looked like a side that wanted it against Palace. A managers job is to prepare a side for a game and then it's the players responsibility to do the job on the pitch. I shall watch your posts in the future to see that you do not blame the manager/ coach.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
GrandImpureAmericanrobin.gif

Pick that out!

Stunning goal, I have no love for City but I could watch that over and over again.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There are a lot of people on here who really need to get over the end of last season and Poyet. It's done, gone and won't be back.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

So the fact that Poyet had handed his notice in just before the Palace game and did not want to be here from then onwards had nothing to do with it.
Followed by Palace having the measure of us from the first play off game but Poyet stayed in the dug out sulking like a baby and did nothing to change things helped us to try and win.
Followed by saying that the CLUB had reached its ceiling and then basically went on strike.
And all this against Palace FFS.
The players tried their best and nearly made it but with no help from Poyet.
I cannot forgive that and yes I am still bitter.
40 years of support and this was our big chance to go up in a better posistion than the club has ever been in, these chances do not come along often.

Where is everyone watching the big game today?

One of the showpiece occasions in British football and whilst it's not the dream all Manchester final we all wanted it should still be a crackerjack of a game.

I'm watching it in the Ship Inn, landlord has dropped the prices of draft lager by 15% for the big day and got a half time tombola to win a signed Yeovil Town sweatshirt and some goalkeeper gloves.

Wherever you're watching, enjoy it.

My prediction? City 3-1 Sunderland

He's a witch, burn him :)

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So the fact that Poyet had handed his notice in just before the Palace game and did not want to be here from then onwards had nothing to do with it.
Followed by Palace having the measure of us from the first play off game but Poyet stayed in the dug out sulking like a baby and did nothing to change things helped us to try and win.
Followed by saying that the CLUB had reached its ceiling and then basically went on strike.
And all this against Palace FFS.
The players tried their best and nearly made it but with no help from Poyet.
I cannot forgive that and yes I am still bitter.
40 years of support and this was our big chance to go up in a better posistion than the club has ever been in, these chances do not come along often.

Strange I thought we won that match and then went on a run to finish 4th ???

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Because I'm not bitter he's my hero? I don't really care how Sunderland get on any more than most other teams. They win/lose and it doesn't bother me. Without him we probably wouldn't have been in the playoffs and we are in a better position than per-poyet. All I was trying to point out is that these things happen all the time in football.
I'm not bitter. I simply see a man who wanted to resign in March on the day of the Palace game. TB told him to do one, figuratively. Poyet then failed to turn up on the 2nd leg of the playoffs. Yes, he was there physically but showed no interest for the whole game ( in contrast to today where he barely sat down for 90 minutes).

Poyet was good for this club, as we were good for him in resurrecting his career. His appreciation for that? He unsettled key players at the club and was fired-for what we aren't allowed to comment on...

He shat on us, plain and simple.

I am delighted his team lost-no bitterness, just an Albion fan enjoying his defeat.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not when you are given your first crack at management, with the backing of a great chairman and board, the potential to be a Ferguson/Wenger type manager the blueprint of premiership football in a tasty stadium and adored by the fans it doesn't (rarely)

You're forgetting that Poyet was suspended and sacked by the club. He didn't walk out on us or resign.

I'm still waiting for one of the Poyet haters to tell me exactly what he did, except be our best manager for decades and take our team from the bottom half of League One to the edge of the Premier League?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There are a lot of people on here who really need to get over the end of last season and Poyet. It's done, gone and won't be back.

It's not necessarily the anti-Poyet camp dragging the bloke up on here each time though is it? In fact it's usually the antis who react to yet another 'Gus' wankfest thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here