Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COC Final

Aug 23, 2011
The complete and utter disaster was sacking him in the first place. Sunderland fans are lucky to have such a phenomenal manager, just as we were, but we could have done so much more to keep him here.

Not really a disaster though is it? We might have been nearer burnley but then we might have been there without key injuries, I don't think we are in a worse position relatively speaking

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The complete and utter disaster was sacking him in the first place. Sunderland fans are lucky to have such a phenomenal manager, just as we were, but we could have done so much more to keep him here.

I agree completely, we should have upped the budget by another 40%, raised the ceiling and increased our losses. Come on Tone, cough up FFS ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Oh dear! The decision was sound. The only decision that could be made. Gus' position was untenable. I know you struggle with this, but you really need to accept that it was in our (and his) best interests to move him on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, we averted a disaster. Sunderland can afford to buy his toys and they are more suited each other.

Although I gave Gus the benefit of the doubt at the time, I hold him fully responsible for letting Murray go and it taking a year and a half to find a replacement.

Spot on (on all counts).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not really a disaster though is it? We might have been nearer burnley but then we might have been there without key injuries, I don't think we are in a worse position relatively speaking

Also not forgetting he didn't want to work for our club anymore. Simple to understand for most of us (but still not all, it seems).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree completely, we should have upped the budget by another 40%, raised the ceiling and increased our losses. Come on Tone, cough up FFS ???

LoL!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Please just get over it, whichever side of the argument you are on.

Oscar Garcia is who matters now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would be good if the full truth about Gus and the Reading vacancy came out.

I am well aware of Tanno's "it's only Reading" quote, but I'm talking about the complete truth.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here