Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS'soverhead kick against BURNLEY was the best Albion goal since.......?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Craig's goal last Saturday is arguably the best goal ever scoerd by a Brighton player. The last 3 seasons have been the best spell for quality goals I've seen. Before Saturday, I would have said that Calde's hit against Bristol City last year was the best of the current era.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Brian Bromley v Tranmere at the Goldstone
Willie Irvine v Villa
Kit Napier's direct from a corner.
Many of Wardy's
Garry Nelson at Brentford
Jimmy Case v Sheff Wed Cup Semi Final
Alan Duffy debut goal v Bradford City

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
What goal would you vote for?

In the Top 10 video, probably Bury.

But his goal away at Chesterfield - the first of his brace (second goal is on the video) is so cheeky! It's number 59 on the all time video on the thread I made. If you haven't seen it, watch it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Brian Bromley v Tranmere at the Goldstone
Willie Irvine v Villa
Kit Napier's direct from a corner.
Many of Wardy's
Garry Nelson at Brentford
Jimmy Case v Sheff Wed Cup Semi Final
Alan Duffy debut goal v Bradford City

Got to agree about Alan Duffys goal....sheer power of shot placed in the top corner...did'nt think anybody else would remember that one due to being so long ago.
All the others you mention must be close,The JC goal from the free kick against Sheff Weds at Arsenal was special too,Wardy for his amazing jinking runs. Kit Napiers goal from the corner...so much celebrations....so much skill.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Seb Carole against Hull at the withdean was pretty special

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tommy Fraser's overhead kick at Hereford was very good. Calderon against Bristol City, Elliott Bennett's winning goal against Walsall when we knew that we were the Champions (and still his favourite goal according to his Twitter)

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I seem to remember that in 79 or 80 there was a Gary Stevens goal scored at the Goldstone Ground. A volley from the left hand side of the box, from right in front of the east terrace where I was standing, and it was shown on the title sequence to Match of the Day. I was only a little lad but was allowed to stay up until that part of the title sequence! I always looked hoping to see myself in the crowd. Or maybe I dreamt it all...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Since the last one and before the NEXT one. ALL Albion goals are the BEST X

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I seem to remember that in 79 or 80 there was a Gary Stevens goal scored at the Goldstone Ground. A volley from the left hand side of the box, from right in front of the east terrace where I was standing, and it was shown on the title sequence to Match of the Day. I was only a little lad but was allowed to stay up until that part of the title sequence! I always looked hoping to see myself in the crowd. Or maybe I dreamt it all...

You mean Gary Williams vs Forest? Yep was a screamer.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Robert codners 30 yards strike away at plymouth (not really good goal though) cheekist ever was G Parris but got to go with Boobys Volley, does anyone remember who we were playing when El Abd went on a solo run and scored a cracker?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Nothing and I mean nothing beats Garry Nelson's solo run around 10 Brentford players and shot that ripped the net in the top corner, followed by a pitch invasion over the fences from about 5k Brighton fans. November 1987. I WISH there was footage of this somewhere.

CMS goal was best since then IMHO.

Does the fact that there is no footage of the nelson goal at brentford make it untouchable.So no matter how good a goal we score in the future it will never match the nelson goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here