Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS'soverhead kick against BURNLEY was the best Albion goal since.......?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
We all loved Craig's goal last sat and some have said it was the best goal they have seen by an Albion player

But in your view what was the last technically brilliant goal by an Albion player?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bobby Z's full volley against somebody or other at Withdean when he had to hit the ball after it dropped about a mile out of the air.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The Zamora volley against Halifax. Sorry for being so obvious so early, but I was right behind it and I was up on my feet as soon as he hit it. :bowdown:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Is that the goal against arsenal, brentford or just in general

Brentford. That had more about it, a mazy, pacy run that destroyed half a team, the sheer distance he travelled (well inside his own half) and the finish which was not only beautifully placed but right in the top corner. Zamora and CMS's were only one piece (of exceptional) technical ability. Nelse's had it all.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
The Zamora volley against Halifax. Sorry for being so obvious so early, but I was right behind it and I was up on my feet as soon as he hit it. :bowdown:

Is surely the right answer. Liam's against Carlisle was obviously more important - "it's the stuff of dreams, it's the stuff of champions!" - but the Bobsters was technically better.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Everyone seems to forget how good Bridders strike vs Dagenham was the night we won the league! BULLET! MUCH better than the left foot volley IMO...

Incidentally, I vote Doug Loft Vs Stoke...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Nothing and I mean nothing beats Garry Nelson's solo run around 10 Brentford players and shot that ripped the net in the top corner, followed by a pitch invasion over the fences from about 5k Brighton fans. November 1987. I WISH there was footage of this somewhere.

CMS goal was best since then IMHO.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Nothing and I mean nothing beats Garry Nelson's solo run around 70 Brentford players and shot that ripped the net in the top corner, followed by a pitch invasion over the fences from about 5k Brighton fans. November 1987. I WISH there was footage of this somewhere.

CMS goal was best since then IMHO.

Edited for you :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here