Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we would all love to see CMS do well but lets face facts, he is a League One striker at best, no pace to blast past defenders or any ability to hold the ball up or height to get a header on the ball....basically NOT a striker then.

At this level, a spot on observation.
We all know he's a nice bloke, a trier and apparently humble, but unfortunately he will never cut it as a quality Championship striker or wideman. With his wages, many £m's down the drain. You can't win them all.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
It would help if we weren't launching it up to him above his head whilst he's competing against huge defenders. He should have scored when he hit it at the keeper but I don't think he was given any service again.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Are you Mr Burns' second account by any chance?

No I just watched Barnes play, and remember holding my head in my hands on countless occasions thinking "how did u miss that" and also wondering why he passed the ball to the opposition so often?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
No I just watched Barnes play, and remember holding my head in my hands on countless occasions thinking "how did u miss that" and also wondering why he passed the ball to the opposition so often?

Well he scored over fifty goals for the Albion with a scoring rate of roughly one every three games, a very respectable record considering he wasn't even played as an out and out striker the majority of the time. Don't tell me you wouldn't swap Barnes for any one of our current strikers.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
When the biggest round of applause you get as a striker is when you get up and get back on the pitch.... I think that tells you all you need to know.

Bloke sitting next to me summed him up perfectly... 'Toblerone Feet'

The worst touch since Jimmy Saville.

Anyone from Team CMS still want to put a case forward?

Inept is the most polite word I can find for him,.

What exactly are these strengths I keep hearing about, and how exactly does a manager play to them?

How is it that Poyet, Garcia, The Finnish Buffoon and now Hughton can't?

FECKING USELESS.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Hate to admit it but he's out of he's league. Great effort which I love but for him and us let him go. If we had him in back when we were in league one he would of been an Albion hero.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
#giveittocraig

If my Amex neighbour is on here he will understand.

'Can't believe he didn't score....' ;)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The effort he puts in is next to none - the same for his work rate and commitment to the cause - but as for the actual job of putting the ball in the goal - he simply is just not good enough.

We were certainly better with COG up front instead and with CMS as support - but either way we really STILL need a new striker.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
First touch of a donkey. Great guy I'm sure. How many threads do we have to open up to keep on saying the same old same old!!?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think he must put on a pair of Toblerone boots for each game these days given his touch

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
He has absolutely no chance playing on his own. He's a very good L1 striker. Never going to happen for him at a higher level if played by himself. He has the attributes which best fit a partner. Completely inept on his own.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Barnes, proper striker? Ha ha, he was just like our current crop of numpties, needs 50 chances to score 1 goal. And he also had a problem with petulance for good measure.
The best striker apart from leo we have had in recent years now plays for palace, sad isn't it?

That will be the same Ashley Barnes who is doing ok in the Premier League and was singled out for special analysis and praise on MOTD a couple of weeks ago from Danny Murphy, who actually seems to be quite sensible...... If only we had hung on to him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here