Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
CMS and Baldock offer no real threat. Time to discover a new target man. As for CMS in particular, the poster who described him as resembling a dog chasing a balloon a while back....spot on :thumbsup:

SheffieldSeagulls

Dec 6, 2014
Macca seems to have given up. He was even worse today. The one thing he has is running and that has deserted him recently, along with any semblance of pace.

Time after time he was strolling back from an offside position as our midfield waited to pass forward.

Sorry Macca. Always wanted it to work out but it hasn't.

So what is the answer then? Chris has to get two strikers in - one big lump to hold the ball up and a sniffer to run of him to score the goals? If / when Harry leaves QPR do we go for Bobby and have CMS / Baldock running off him? From what I have seen (not much I agree) I would discard COG and play Colunga ahead of JFC.

Feb 14, 2010
A couple of seasons ago he held his hand up and said he needed to make better runs. I watched him carefully at Charlton and he still doesn't make the runs you need from a forward. Its almost as if he is afraid to get in the box. Runs around and works hard, but has poor ball control and just doesn't seem to know what peeling off a marker to find space in the box is. I also wonder, if he hasn't worked it out, what these highly paid coaches are doing. Surely someone should show him his performances on a video, then get him on the training pitch and t least try and get the message through. Perhaps they do but if not then it doesnt say much for the coaches either.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
CMS and Baldock offer no real threat. Time to discover a new target man. As for CMS in particular, the poster who described him as resembling a dog chasing a balloon a while back....spot on :thumbsup:

To be honest whilst both don't offer a threat Baldock makes CMS look like Messi. Can't go past anyone, doesn't make runs, doesn't tackle and generally looks poor. Time to get rid of both him and Macca and replace with some championship quality not League 1 standard players like these two. Having said that I also thought CMS had a better game today. Maybe it was Baldrick making him look good. Colunga did more in 20 minutes than he did in 70. Thought the spirit of the side was better today and if it wasn't for one of the worst referees I have seen at the Amex we might have got something out of the game.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The fact he can't control the ball is dreadful for a championship footballer.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I thought he did better today than the last 3 but still way short of good enough.

I really can't see why we continue to try and play long balls over the top for him ... he's lost a load of pace and it was never his game anyway

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I thought this debate had closed down a while back. It feels like the last couple of months of the Hyypia saga, where people hang on to some romantic view of what could happen in the face of the facts. I would have loved him to have done well, seems like a nice guy. But it didn't so we say thanks and bye. He has been paid very very well.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I think we would all love to see CMS do well but lets face facts, he is a League One striker at best, no pace to blast past defenders or any ability to hold the ball up or height to get a header on the ball....basically NOT a striker then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Beggars belief that this time last year we had Ulloa and Barnes up front. Proper strikers in the normal sense of the word. Barnes would have had two goals minimum today, just by being in the instinctively correct position for a striker. You can't teach that. Well certainly not to CMS. That pitifully hopeful through ball to him can be played all day long but a Championship-level defender is never going to make the blunder that would allow CMS to pounce in League One. Lovely bloke blah blah but PLEASE get rid. Its painful to watch.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Beggars belief that this time last year we had Ulloa and Barnes up front. Proper strikers in the normal sense of the word. Barnes would have had two goals minimum today, just by being in the instinctively correct position for a striker. You can't teach that. Well certainly not to CMS. That pitifully hopeful through ball to him can be played all day long but a Championship-level defender is never going to make the blunder that would allow CMS to pounce in League One. Lovely bloke blah blah but PLEASE get rid. Its painful to watch.

Barnes, proper striker? Ha ha, he was just like our current crop of numpties, needs 50 chances to score 1 goal. And he also had a problem with petulance for good measure.
The best striker apart from leo we have had in recent years now plays for palace, sad isn't it?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Barnes, proper striker? Ha ha, he was just like our current crop of numpties, needs 50 chances to score 1 goal. And he also had a problem with petulance for good measure.
The best striker apart from leo we have had in recent years now plays for palace, sad isn't it?

Ha.

The chance conversion rate you've suggested is simply ludicrous and as for disciplinary issues, after that red card for tripping the ref Barnes was incredibly professional, only picking up the odd yellow here and there.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Ha.

The chance conversion rate you've suggested is simply ludicrous and as for disciplinary issues, after that red card for tripping the ref Barnes was incredibly professional, only picking up the odd yellow here and there.
Yes sorry, 1 in a hundred is more realistic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here