Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Of course he'll still get slated despite taking a lot of pressure off our defence by holding the ball up well and wasting a lot of time in the dying minutes. OP was spot on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clearly a few were looking away when he single handedly saw the last 2 mins out and won 2 free-kick, a corner and a throw within 2 mins. Quality.

Some just can't give the man any praise when it's due eh.

They were probably on the outer concourses in the bus queues.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I know,,,it's all good stuff. I'm just saying that Poyet himself said, that Ulloa was bought in to partner Cms and so far they have only started one game together. Hardly the way to form a understanding. The lack of goals 1v Hull, Blackburn and again today is a slight cause for concern.

one v hull does me when we won the game against a team in the top six....2 against Cardiff wasnt bad but u've omitted that game...'would have been nice to score more today but we still won...so np...which just leaves the disappointment of the 1/1 draw against blackburn....but then you only said slight cause for concern...so np there either then

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I meant didn't. I think we should start same line up again next sat as we were brilliant first half today.

I didn't think we were brilliant at any time today. Team looked tired from Tuesday to me.

Frustrates the hell out of me how we are so lazy and have this don't care attitude that the other team are having wave upon wave of attack. Without Bridcutt the only players that battle are in defence. The midfield just don't put in the workrate. Most of today we were under extreme pressure when we had the ball because the midfield weren't making themselves available either because they are unfit or downright lazy. Koosh was the difference today.

I agree with you about CMS. He had to come on as no-one in midfield/up front was running around.

Now the last sub. There was a licence to throw the game away.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I didn't think we were brilliant at any time today. Team looked tired from Tuesday to me.

Frustrates the hell out of me how we are so lazy and have this don't care attitude that the other team are having wave upon wave of attack. Without Bridcutt the only players that battle are in defence. The midfield just don't put in the workrate. Most of today we were under extreme pressure when we had the ball because the midfield weren't making themselves available either because they are unfit or downright lazy. Koosh was the difference today.

I agree with you about CMS. He had to come on as no-one in midfield/up front was running around.

Now the last sub. There was a licence to throw the game away.

We passed them off the park first half and Ulloa should've put us deservedly 2-0 up. We tired 2nd half.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Clearly a few were looking away when he single handedly saw the last 2 mins out and won 2 free-kick, a corner and a throw within 2 mins. Quality.

Some just can't give the man any praise when it's due eh.

Sort of this. He did indeed do a fantastic job running the clock down and was the right sub at the right time today.

However........

The guy behind me in the WSU (hello if it's you) calls him "Unlucky Craig" presumably because of the number of times we have to say 'unlucky Craig'. Meanwhile a good mate who's a Spurs fan living in Brighton (and has watched CMS at The Amex and on TV) was discussing him with me the other day. His point was that all the running around is actually his problem, that he needs to learn when to make a run and when not to, that a bit of energy conserving would make him far more composed when he does get that golden chance and that he needs to recognise better when that chance is about to come.

In short, well done CMS today but we didn't spend millions on someone to run the ball in to the corners when we're 1 up.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
We passed them off the park first half and Ulloa should've put us deservedly 2-0 up. We tired 2nd half.

There were quite long periods though where they passed us of the park in the first half as well. The 10-15 mins after we scored for example.

Really don't think we can risk a Hammond, Dicker, Vicente trio in the middle of the park again as they are probably our players with the least workrate in the side.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There were quite long periods though where they passed us of the park in the first half as well. The 10-15 mins after we scored for example.

Really don't think we can risk a Hammond, Dicker, Vicente trio in the middle of the park again as they are probably our players with the least workrate in the side.

Burnley were one of the worst, most unimaginative sides to visit the Amex. Constantly hoofing it to no one in particular. Felt no danger from them first half whatsoever.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Burnley were one of the worst, most unimaginative sides to visit the Amex. Constantly hoofing it to no one in particular. Felt no danger from them first half whatsoever.

You really need to watch the highlights. Their centre half (I think) won 2 headers in the space of a few minutes that would have normally been goals but for Koosh and a big slice of luck.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I'm firmly team CMS, love him and really rate him!

Thought it was a brilliant sub by Gus today, he did exactly the job he was sent on to do!

Guess there's no pleasing some people! Ulloa hasn't exactly set the league alight like so many predicted!!

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
cms was great when he came on. Ulloa was shattered so we needed someone to pressure higher up the pitch and he did it well.

We were pretty poor today by our standards though. Didn't control the play in midfield at all and invited to much pressure They were like Hull though. Very organised (apart from their rb) but no players that shone.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I think you're wrong and the OP was right. There was an air of inevitability where you just knew Burnley were going to equalise but the substitution was spot on. CMS did what Murray is so good at: holding the ball up and winning us a a foul or throw-in. It meant that play was in Burnley's half for most of the last 10 minutes. That period of play in the SW corner was a textbook example of how to hold onto a 1-0 lead with 5 mins to go.

And I say all that as someone who has been merciless in finding fault with him this season.

This is a good example of how excellent NSC can be. During the game, for the brief period he was on the pitch, I felt that CMS was yet again playing the tireless but ineffective Labrador that we have seen for most of the season. However, this post has made me reevaluate his performance and I can now see how the role he played in the dying minutes made a valuable contribution to ensuring we held on to the essential three points. Thank you Buzzer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Helped in the stoppage time period keeping possession in the corner with others and running the clock down.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Out of interest what did he do?

He ran and ran for the team chasing down lost causes and winning possession when he had no right, getting fouled and winning free kicks to, A, relieve pressure and, B. create attacking options for his team, Basically, what he is being paid to do, and in my humble opinion doing it well. Strikers are mostly about scoring i know but sometimes team-playing to achieve a result should be commended.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This, other than the spell after we scored when we let them fire in tons of crosses for Austin, at times we were immense in the first half.
Bridge, Vicente, Orlandi were great.

After Burnley faded in the second half, we swa it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here