CMS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gus got that sub absolutely spot on, and well done CMS for doing exactly the job we needed him to do at the time. Really helped give us some breathing space. Great sub to have in that situation.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Gus got that sub absolutely spot on, and well done CMS for doing exactly the job we needed him to do at the time. Really helped give us some breathing space. Great sub to have in that situation.

Yep. I'll hold my hand up and say he did a great job for us today relieving the pressure that Burnley were applying.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest what did he do?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I thought Ulloa was bought as the man to partner Cms up front. I might be wrong but I'm sure Poyet himself has said that on many occasions. I'm still in the Cms must start camp, they started one game together and we won. That said, as long as we keep racking up the points!!!! Although lack of goals is still a worry, there are going to be occasions when we may need to score three to win games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Out of interest what did he do?

Pressured the Burnley defence into making mistakes when previously they were free to keep launching it into our box. Held up the ball very well (for him), drew fouls, kept pressure on them etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought Ulloa was bought as the man to partner Cms up front. I might be wrong but I'm sure Poyet himself has said that on many occasions. I'm still in the Cms must start camp, they started one game together and we won. That said, as long as we keep racking up the points!!!! Although lack of goals is still a worry, there are going to be occasions when we may need to score three to win games.

But they did start this game together, and we won. So by your own logic, they shouldn't start together.

We got everything spot on first half, team line up, attitude, work rate, passing, only missed one more goal. Dunno what happened 2nd half.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pressured the Burnley defence into making mistakes when previously they were free to keep launching it into our box. Held up the ball very well (for him), drew fouls, kept pressure on them etc.

Fair play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They didn't start together at Cardiff or today and we won both.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
But they did start this game together, and we won. So by your own logic, they shouldn't start together.

We got everything spot on first half, team line up, attitude, work rate, passing, only missed one more goal. Dunno what happened 2nd half.

They didn't start the game together, Cms was on the bench. I know it didn't seem like Ulloa started up front alone but i'm sure he was on the pitch.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They didn't start the game together, Cms was on the bench. I know it didn't seem like Ulloa started up front alone but i'm sure he was on the pitch.

I meant didn't. I think we should start same line up again next sat as we were brilliant first half today.

Spot on - would have liked to see him come on a little earlier as Ulloa was shot.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
They didn't start together at Cardiff or today and we won both.

I know,,,it's all good stuff. I'm just saying that Poyet himself said, that Ulloa was bought in to partner Cms and so far they have only started one game together. Hardly the way to form a understanding. The lack of goals 1v Hull, Blackburn and again today is a slight cause for concern.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

The only thing CMS did today was fall over on his only chance of a goal,the team functions much better when he is not in it

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The only thing CMS did was fall over on his only chance of a goal,the team functions much better when he is not in it

I think you're wrong and the OP was right. There was an air of inevitability where you just knew Burnley were going to equalise but the substitution was spot on. CMS did what Murray is so good at: holding the ball up and winning us a a foul or throw-in. It meant that play was in Burnley's half for most of the last 10 minutes. That period of play in the SW corner was a textbook example of how to hold onto a 1-0 lead with 5 mins to go.

And I say all that as someone who has been merciless in finding fault with him this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know,,,it's all good stuff. I'm just saying that Poyet himself said, that Ulloa was bought in to partner Cms and so far they have only started one game together. Hardly the way to form a understanding. The lack of goals 1v Hull, Blackburn and again today is a slight cause for concern.

CMS has also been getting over a niggly knee injury so hasn't been able to start. Lack of goals is a concern when we're losing but we didn't lose any of those games. Please wait until we have something real to moan about before typing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Clearly a few were looking away when he single handedly saw the last 2 mins out and won 2 free-kick, a corner and a throw within 2 mins. Quality.

Some just can't give the man any praise when it's due eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports