Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I cannot express in words how much I want this to happen and CMS to smack 20 goals in this season.

I love this man more than I should. Exactly the sort of footballer and person I want at my club :)

You and me both mate, sick of the shit he gets, the man oozes class both on and off the pitch

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yup, I think and hope he's going to have a stormer this season. If we can get the right players around him, he WILL score goals.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hope he does as well as everyone on here thinks he will.
Things will have to change from last season tho'!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He won't have time to play.

To busy re-tweeting a bunch of desperate no marks.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Bearing in mind only Doncaster created fewer goal scoring opportunities in The Championship last season, I just hope that we can play to his strengths this season. He's a quality act for sure, but he's not a lone striker.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I would love this to be bounced because I was spectacularly wrong, but, I don't think we are the right club for him. Gus is not going to change the way we play. This will be CMS's third Championship season. Can he cut it as a 20 goal a season striker against stiff opposition defences or will he need to drop down to League One to regain his serious shooting boots? Time will tell.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would love this to be bounced because I was spectacularly wrong, but, I don't think we are the right club for him. Gus is not going to change the way we play. This will be CMS's third Championship season. Can he cut it as a 20 goal a season striker against stiff opposition defences or will he need to drop down to League One to regain his serious shooting boots? Time will tell.
Gus needs to change the way we play,pi$$ing around the back for 50 mins a game is not the answer in this league,you need to score goals and attack in this league.

Negative football is ancient and if gus can't sort this out then what hope for any of our attacking players?it could be gus that needs to go.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Anyone else really excited about his prospects for the coming season? It's the first time he would have played two consecutive seasons at Championship level (I think) and I reckon he is going to bang them in for fun as he has had a proper break.

He's also making some very positive noises on Twitter about his love for the club and desire to get back playing again.

C'mon CMS.
If he stops running around like a headless chicken and starts concentrating on scoring goals he might have a successfull season,if not he might as well go now

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gus needs to change the way we play,pi$$ing around the back for 50 mins a game is not the answer in this league,you need to score goals and attack in this league.

Negative football is ancient and if gus can't sort this out then what hope for any of our attacking players?it could be gus that needs to go.
yeah because that's what we do.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If he stops running around like a headless chicken and starts concentrating on scoring goals he might have a successfull season,if not he might as well go now

Bit harsh, watch back some of the highlights and you'll see his vision and position has been good, not played in many times when he's had the chance.

You can see his confidence did drop off though. Someone with his work ethic and desire to do well for the club is someone I admire in a Brighton shirt and I am hoping he has a blinder this year.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
In a league we were the 10th highest in the table in. :thumbsup:
Yes correct but it will be much tougher next season now the momentum has gone,sitting back just adds unnecessary pressure,i feel sorry for our attackers who feed off scraps most weeks.

This needs to be addressed if we are to be successful.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
No need to even think about signing another striker.
Play two upfront. Rotate CMS with Barnes & Hoskins.
Play every game, home & away with at least one attacking winger.
Sign a creative playmaking central midfielder.
Sign a better Goalkeeper.
Speed up the tempo.

The only reason CMS wasn't banging them in last season as the service was average at best and he's a poacher, not a lone striker.

Our Very Own Torres

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Nonsense. Gus wanted to make sure we were SOLID at this level first, just like in League One when he first joined. In our promotion year we played free flowing attacking football, often winning by 3 or 4 goals, so we know that when Gus has his team in place for the division he's not a defensive manager at all. It's just fonna take time that's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here