Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] CMS - what would you do?

CMS - what would you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is next to chance of selling him now.

No club will even come close to matching his current wages (and pay a fee!)

Give him the rest of the season to see if he improves under CH, then either offer him a reduced contract (he will always be a decent option from the bench coming on with 15 minutes left using his energy and movementagainst tired defenders) or release him.

This is a commonsense approach

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Any of the new contract brigade want to change their mind after yesterday ???

In the sale blurb we can say he's an international, consistent, reliable, energetic, over half a decades lower yearage than Frank Lampard, much sought after by Norwich, and leicester City [3 years ago], highest goal scorer [years ago with Peterborough] etc

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can't see any club offering to pay him on what he's on here so if it is a free or a loan with us paying a portion of his wage, I'd rather we kept him and let his contract expire.

Any fee and I'd sell.
There could be a club wanting him for a nominal fee on transfer deadline day , it would be up to CMS to decide if a 2 or 3 year contract on reduced wages is better than scrapping around for a new club with all the rest of the out of work footballers released by their clubs at the season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lovely guy. Puts lots of effort in. Doesn't score goals. Second touch is usually a tackle.
All this equals SELL, and sell NOW.
Might change my mind if we can't get someone in to replace him though.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I think the main issue with him is that he's never settled and is lacking in confidence. Always seems to be snatching, whether it be his first touch or in front of goal. I reckon he still has the ability to come good. Although admittedly if it was going to happen here it probably would have done so already.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I think the main issue with him is that he's never settled and is lacking in confidence. Always seems to be snatching, whether it be his first touch or in front of goal. I reckon he still has the ability to come good. Although admittedly if it was going to happen here it probably would have done so already.

He hasn't got any of his lady 100 shots with his left in target, he has NO ability with his left or his head, even your guide dog puts his paws in front of his eyes when a chance comes one of those ways
The worst thing about the whole situation is our training team have done NOTHING to improve him after 3 years (neither has HE) what exactly do THEY do?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Given his reputation when we bought him, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. Like everyone in the squad, sell if we can get a better quality replacement (not another three cheapies).

We don't seem to have a particulaly good record of buying forwards from lower leagues who then improve. The current crop are too recent to judge, but not looking good to date.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I'm probably one of the last few people who still rates CMS as a decent Championship striker. I think he has been really unfortunate here with not being played to his strengths and injuries.

Depending on how much he earns, he should be offered a new contract now - otherwise he'll end up leaving us on a free and doing a Murray.
Big difference is that Murray has gone on to do something, where cms will be languishing in lge1 - simply not been good enough and cannot adapt his game- definitely not worth another year

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

It causes me some pain to vote that we have to let the guy go. Absolutely love his application and effort, although I concede that he just quite isn't up to the standard of a top Championship side.

Of course, if the poll had asked whether we should let CMS or Baldrick go, I would have voted for Baldrick. Not much between the two in terms of ability, but at least you always get 100% commitment from CMS.

But as the Berk spunked so much cash and gave Baldrick such a long contract, I suppose we are lumbered with him. :nono:

Yep that sums it up for me - I'll always thank CMS for the goals that helped get us to the play-offs under Gus in that half season before we got Leo, so it irks me to hear him described as our biggest waste of money. Baldock should win that by a mile, an astonishing panic buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here