Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] CMS - what would you do?

CMS - what would you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Favourite CMS moment for me though - the cross for Ulloa to score in injury time against Nottingham Forest to get us into the playoffs last season! :D

A cross. That says it all really...

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Other - Let Hughton decide. Our last 3 managers have failed to play to his strengths. However, he does do a great job. I'd guess a lot of defenders would rather play vs O'Grady than CMS, maybe not goalkeepers but defenders would have a more straightforward game. Would be a shame to see a player like CMS leave who gives 100% on the field.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If we were to sell him, and the buying club were not going to pay him as much, would we need to compensate him for any shortfall?

It's his choice ... he can turn a move down.

Given what I reckon his market value is I can see him turning a move down, waiting till his contract expires then trying for a decent signing on fee to part compensate what is likely to be a big drop in wages

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Really like the guy and I thought this would be his season but how many managers has he played for now under Brighton and we still lacking goals,it has to be sell if no contract is on offer, funny how last season we were well aware that a contract was on offer for Barnes but not signed well before january but with CMS we have heard nothing.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
This will be his last decent contract and I guess he will be looking for a pension fund, probably somewhere in the region of 10k a week for at least 2 years. I would rather we give £1m to REMF.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
When Murray went we thought we had sold a lower league player who would not do much at this level and had replaced him with sought after CMS who would make us the envy of our rivals before he, CMS went on to greater things ……… 'we were wrong, we were wrong'

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We bought him when he was declining in ability, and now since he is going to be 31 I suspect he won't be getting any better, so it would be best to get someone decent in.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
We bought him when he was declining in ability, and now since he is going to be 31 I suspect he won't be getting any better, so it would be best to get someone decent in.
we did not know that he was declining in ability or we would not have bought him. Ulloa's 30 isn't he and we sold him to a Prem club.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
28 and in his prime
True. I was misinformed, but he still a bit older than CMS was when we bought him. IF CMS had scored circa 35 goals in his first season with us but we were not promoted, you can be sure a Prem club would have come in for the then 27 year old CMS.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
P'Boro played exactly that style and in the Championship he got 10 goals in 43 appearances. He's only got above 15 league goals in a season twice in his career.

He's basically had 2 outstanding League One seasons. That is it. Lovely guy, given his all, but regardless of systems and styles, at Championship level, just not good enough.

Just the same as Zamora ( who had two outstanding seasons in Div's 1 + 2 but found the goals drying up, the higher he played )

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
There is next to chance of selling him now.

No club will even come close to matching his current wages (and pay a fee!)

Give him the rest of the season to see if he improves under CH, then either offer him a reduced contract (he will always be a decent option from the bench coming on with 15 minutes left using his energy and movementagainst tired defenders) or release him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That's rubbish. We brought him on the back of him scoring something like 30 goals and his best season to date. He was on fire then.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Is it worth remembering that he was very close to joining Hughton's Norwich in the August 2012 transfer window (hence we had the panic buy of Dobbie), it was only other deals not falling into place that stopped that. So you have to presume that Hughton rated him.

Personally I would try and sell and recoup something, but I suspect he will stay on the staff for the moment.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Is it worth remembering that he was very close to joining Hughton's Norwich in the August 2012 transfer window (hence we had the panic buy of Dobbie), it was only other deals not falling into place that stopped that. So you have to presume that Hughton rated him.

Personally I would try and sell and recoup something, but I suspect he will stay on the staff for the moment.
and Leicester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here