Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] CMS - what would you do?

CMS - what would you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm probably one of the last few people who still rates CMS as a decent Championship striker. I think he has been really unfortunate here with not being played to his strengths and injuries.

Depending on how much he earns, he should be offered a new contract now - otherwise he'll end up leaving us on a free and doing a Murray.

Agreed.
Spoke to an experienced and highly regarded scout ( very good ex-player ) recently and he was talking about CMS. He talked about what a clever player he was, the running off the ball and how its common knowledge that defenders do not like playing against him. He also said it was scandalous how poorly he had been used at BHA and reflects badly on Poyet and Garcia.
But hey ho...the majority on here see no good in him and want to slag him off at any opportunity so maybe they know better than me or my source.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed.
Spoke to an experienced and highly regarded scout ( very good ex-player ) recently and he was talking about CMS. He talked about what a clever player he was, the running off the ball and how its common knowledge that defenders do not like playing against him. He also said it was scandalous how poorly he had been used at BHA and reflects badly on Poyet and Garcia.
But hey ho...the majority on here see no good in him and want to slag him off at any opportunity so maybe they know better than me or my source.

Slightly harsh on Garcia, CMS was never really fit during his reign.

Poyet and Hypia yes.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Other - Let Hughton decide. Our last 3 managers have failed to play to his strengths. However, he does do a great job. I'd guess a lot of defenders would rather play vs O'Grady than CMS, maybe not goalkeepers but defenders would have a more straightforward game. Would be a shame to see a player like CMS leave who gives 100% on the field.

Agree with this as well.
I trust the judgement of Hughton far more than Poyet, Garcia or Hyypia, so lets see what happens.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Agreed.

perhaps he's care to pop a few in the onion bag, given he's hardly on minimum wages

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we should have sold him over the summer when we might have got some money for him, but I think now you keep him until the end of the season, then see where we are. If Hughton can get 6 or 7 goals out of him then who knows? He's committed to the cause and we're still in danger so good to have him in the squad.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sell now and get his pretty hefty wage of the books
Will be disappointed if he gets a new deal

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think we should have sold him over the summer when we might have got some money for him, but I think now you keep him until the end of the season, then see where we are. If Hughton can get 6 or 7 goals out of him then who knows? He's committed to the cause and we're still in danger so good to have him in the squad.

That would have been a tough sell as he had played little football in the previous 12 months, due to serious injury.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I prefer to remember his over head kick against Burnley.

Or his double against Leeds.

Or his perfermance at home to Burnley against 10 men, he was immense that day

For me the home game with Burnley when WE were down to 9 men, summed up his time here. Worked his absolute nuts off to help keep us in the game, then lacked composure at the cruciual moment, and wasted a simple chance in injury time to draw the game - hitting the ball from 8 yards, straight at the only man on the line, defending an otherwise open goal...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Or his perfermance at home to Burnley against 10 men, he was immense that day

Oh yes when he had that last min chance that he FLUFFED where he could have got the equaliser.

Or against Palace away when he was clean thru very early in 2nd half when we were down to 10 men (Dunk S/O) and he had the keeper to beat...and didnt.

Or against Arsenal when he went down straight away laughably appealing for a pen when we were 3-2 down where we know Ulloa (if he were still on the pitch) would have held off the defender and scored.

Not clininical enough sadly. L1 at best.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
For me the home game with Burnley when WE were down to 9 men, summed up his time here. Worked his absolute nuts off to help keep us in the game, then lacked composure at the cruciual moment, and wasted a simple chance in injury time to draw the game - hitting the ball from 8 yards, straight at the only man on the line, defending an otherwise open goal...

Great minds think alike.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'm probably one of the last few people who still rates CMS as a decent Championship striker. I think he has been really unfortunate here with not being played to his strengths and injuries.

Depending on how much he earns, he should be offered a new contract now - otherwise he'll end up leaving us on a free and doing a Murray.

I agree. A good championship team needs 4 strikers and CMS is definitely worth having in a 4 in my opinion. STILL not really been played with a big target man upfront in the 3 years we have had him.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It causes me some pain to vote that we have to let the guy go. Absolutely love his application and effort, although I concede that he just quite isn't up to the standard of a top Championship side.

Of course, if the poll had asked whether we should let CMS or Baldrick go, I would have voted for Baldrick. Not much between the two in terms of ability, but at least you always get 100% commitment from CMS.

But as the Berk spunked so much cash and gave Baldrick such a long contract, I suppose we are lumbered with him. :nono:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
SELL , SELL , SELL !!! We need a rottweiler as a striker not a labrador. Can Peterborough afford £250K to buy him ?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Nothing now, wait and see how he goes under CH for the rest of the season then reassess, quickly, at the end of the season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Pains me to say it but sell. I just do not think we are the right team for CMS, apart from a short spell when he looked great it just hasn't happened for him here. The injuries have ruined his time here, and injuries to others have meant the team rarely play to his strengths. I think we could still £1m for him and i think he may flourish somewhere else.

The caveat on this though, is that we need to bring in a healthy replacement immediately. Otherwise keep him on.

Shame as I really like CMS and I want him to succeed here, but I have seen nothing that suggests that he will.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Hughton is a fan of CMS so would expect him to stay and I would not be surprised if we offered a 12 month deal in the summer on reduced wages.
Let's face it we offered Hoskins a 12 month deal and he only had 1 knee at the time.
Personally I would sell now if we can get a fee and I would certainly start with COG on Saturday.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I can't see any club offering to pay him on what he's on here so if it is a free or a loan with us paying a portion of his wage, I'd rather we kept him and let his contract expire.

Any fee and I'd sell.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Hate to say it but for all his hard work and energy just does not look like scoring, so as long as we have someone lined up or Hughton has a master plan to get the best out of him i would say cash in now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here