Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If it's true that Everton are in for him, he'd be crazy not to go there. They have a fairly small squad so unless he's an absolute disaster he'll get a fair amount of game time. Moyes has a decent track record of buying players from the lower leagues and turning them into regulars- lescott, jagielka, cahill, beckford, Baines(?). They won't have any relegation worries so there'll be no added pressure and as a bonus Everton are one of the biggest and most prestigious clubs in the country.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If it's true that Everton are in for him, he'd be crazy not to go there. They have a fairly small squad so unless he's an absolute disaster he'll get a fair amount of game time. Moyes has a decent track record of buying players from the lower leagues and turning them into regulars- lescott, jagielka, cahill, beckford, Baines(?). They won't have any relegation worries so there'll be no added pressure and as a bonus Everton are one of the biggest and most prestigious clubs in the country.

This. Everton are a huge club and he would be MAD to not join them and work with Moyse, who I think is a brilliant manager

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he signs for a Premier League side he wont be guaranteed a place in the starting 11 , he might want to play every game possible and he'll only do that at a Championship club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is actually quite an exciting rumour imo, but I'm not gonna raise my hopes too much

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not a chance in hell will we sign him.

Somebody please bounce and quote this post in a few weeks time and make me look like a fool. Please.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If he signs for a Premier League side he wont be guaranteed a place in the starting 11 , he might want to play every game possible and he'll only do that at a Championship club.

He's 27.
If he doesn't get a move to a Premier League club this summer, then it'll probably never happen. This is likely to be the only big-money move he'll get in his career now, so if he wants to achieve some financial security before he retires, then this will be his best chance.

If a Prem team is in the running, then he'd have to be stupid not to join them. If he has indeed had a little look round the Amex and a chat with Gus then I can't see that being anything more than keeping his options open. But I will be staggered if he turns down a Prem club because he is guaranteed more regular football in the Championship. His missus would beat the living daylights out of him.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
He's 27.
If he doesn't get a move to a Premier League club this summer, then it'll probably never happen. This is likely to be the only big-money move he'll get in his career now, so if he wants to achieve some financial security before he retires, then this will be his best chance.

If a Prem team is in the running, then he'd have to be stupid not to join them. If he has indeed had a little look round the Amex and a chat with Gus then I can't see that being anything more than keeping his options open. But I will be staggered if he turns down a Prem club because he is guaranteed more regular football in the Championship. His missus would beat the living daylights out of him.

If he joins us it'll be because Gus and Tony have convinced him he can reach the Premier League with Brighton.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
and perhaps promised him a big pot of gold if/when we do it?

This is big for me. Its all very well getting your 3 year contract in the big time. But im SURE he will earn bigger if we offer him a big big bonus for getting us up himself. Then he still gets to play prem football and earn his fair whack. Depends if he thinks were good enough and how much of a gambler he is :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He was definitely the best striker in L1 last year... hard-working, quick, great finishing... Gus likes him, and he suits our style of play... would love, just love it...

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Would be a terrific signing, but unfortunately, I can't see it happening.
Would think he'll choose Everton ( if you believe Barry Fry, that is).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He was definitely the best striker in L1 last year... hard-working, quick, great finishing... Gus likes him, and he suits our style of play... would love, just love it...

This ^^

Away at peterborough, they hardly got a touch of the ball, we were that good, but CMS ran the channels and tirelessly chased every ball, the man has unlimited energy. For 100% work rate alone he's worth the punt imho

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shown round the Amex last week

I am intrigued as to how you know this to be a fact, particularly as you live approximately 12,000 miles from the Amex.

Personal opinion is that Mackail-Smith will only get a lower level Premier League team, or a newly promoted one, if he chooses that option. Not convinced about Everton being his best shot- after all, they signed Beckford last time around and he's not achieved a lot.

So it comes down to a toss up between a club that most people will fancy to be in the bottom half, or more probably relegation candidates: Norwich, QPR etc. Or a Championship club that has money to spend, can pay him the wages he thinks are appropriate, and who offer him a chance of Premier League football in the not too distant future.

My money would be on Leicester, as he probably wouldn't even have to move house. No idea if they've been linked with him but they seem to have plenty of money to burn, and Eriksson is still quite a big draw.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But why would he take that chance if he's got an offer from a club thats already there ?

Correct: it's why Bennett was tempted to move in January. Yes, there was every chance that we'd be in the Championship next (this) season, but Norwich were already up there, and looking good to go one better, so you couldn't blame him for looking. Football is a shorter career than most of ours, therefore players tend to grab the chance while it's there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am intrigued as to how you know this to be a fact, particularly as you live approximately 12,000 miles from the Amex.

Personal opinion is that Mackail-Smith will only get a lower level Premier League team, or a newly promoted one, if he chooses that option. Not convinced about Everton being his best shot- after all, they signed Beckford last time around and he's not achieved a lot.

So it comes down to a toss up between a club that most people will fancy to be in the bottom half, or more probably relegation candidates: Norwich, QPR etc. Or a Championship club that has money to spend, can pay him the wages he thinks are appropriate, and who offer him a chance of Premier League football in the not too distant future.

My money would be on Leicester, as he probably wouldn't even have to move house. No idea if they've been linked with him but they seem to have plenty of money to burn, and Eriksson is still quite a big draw.

Tim now lives 6 miles from the Amex, as of today. And his source is the same as mine. CMS was here. Fact.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tim now lives 6 miles from the Amex, as of today. And his source is the same as mine. CMS was here. Fact.

Didn't know that :thumbsup:

Are you sure it wasn't Dirk Kuyt? Or Charlie Dimmock?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here