Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just emailed a mate who supports P'boro and he said "We've have heard about Brighton as well - I think we've agreed a price which several clubs can match - It a case of where CMS wants to go"

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
CMS is definately a serious target and we have made a bid (don't know if it's the much-rumoured £3m or not or whether it's the one bid accepted from a Championship club).

Have heard from reliable sources that he was shown round last week (as also claimed by some on here) so seems likely it's our bid that was accepted, but still seriously doubt that when push comes to shove he'd turn down a PL offer (Norwich, Swans, Wigan etc).

Agree with comment above about him likely being impressed with us on AND off the pitch in our match at London Road last season though...coupled with our impressive new home, a glimmer of hope perhaps?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
CMS is definately a serious target and we have made a bid (don't know if it's the much-rumoured £3m or not or whether it's the one bid accepted from a Championship club).

Have heard from reliable sources that he was shown round last week (as also claimed by some on here) so seems likely it's our bid that was accepted, but still seriously doubt that when push comes to shove he'd turn down a PL offer (Norwich, Swans, Wigan etc).

Agree with comment above about him likely being impressed with us on AND off the pitch in our match at London Road last season though...coupled with our impressive new home, a glimmer of hope perhaps?

The other glimmer of hope is that he'd be first choice with us, where as at EPL club he may have to settle for a place in the bench.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'd be torn if I were in his position. Obviously EVERYONE wants to play in the Prem, but if you've come from League one and have the chance to be top dog at Brighton, an aspirational club which is run well, why would you go to a side where you'd be less sure of playing every week and even less sure of scoring any goals or getting any service.

Personally I reckon he'll go to QPR. But what a signing it would be if we could get him..

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would certainly take the comments made by Barry Fry about Premiership clubs with a huge handful of salt. there could be one or two sniffing, and he may well end up at perhaps Norwich, but Fry has been talking for a month now as if the deal has already been done with a Premiership club. the way he spoke at the Play-Off Final I thought he'd be off within the week, but Fry was clearly talking teh interest up, and that's just him doing his job.

I think we are a serious contender for his signature.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
We've been in for CMS for the past season for so.

I've been mocked by friends who say we'll never get him, and they are probably right, but IMHO I think it would be much less of a career gamble for CMS to join us than go straight into the premiership. League One to Premier is a huge leap as no doubt Elliott Bennett will find out. I think it'll be a much better career move to play one year in the Championship, and then look to move up a level. He'll get time to adapt to life in the championship, whereas in the premier he'll have to hit the ground running, or otherwise end up as a sqaud player or on loan back down the divisions. Espeically if he joins a newly promoted premier side (who I think are the ones after him), he'll probably be back down the following season with having a chance of success. He'd have a far better chance of making it, if he makes the step up in a team, rather than just moving to a new premiership team... if you see what I mean.

That's the only hope we have of getting him. I just wish he'd make up his mind and sign for someone, and put me out my misery!!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I would certainly take the comments made by Barry Fry about Premiership clubs with a huge handful of salt. there could be one or two sniffing, and he may well end up at perhaps Norwich, but Fry has been talking for a month now as if the deal has already been done with a Premiership club. the way he spoke at the Play-Off Final I thought he'd be off within the week, but Fry was clearly talking teh interest up, and that's just him doing his job.

Talking it up is onw thing, but he had said at least one Prem team had a bid accepted. If that's true then I think we've no chance.

Thinking about it, if the likes of Everton or Norwich were serious bidders, would we even bother going in for him?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we've no chance then why did he come look round our ground? Keep the faith. It comes back to me that Poyet said he would love to have him here when punditing during a football match, and that Seagulls fans will be very happy with the squad when the season starts.

I agree our chance maybe slim but!!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I'd be torn if I were in his position. Obviously EVERYONE wants to play in the Prem, but if you've come from League one and have the chance to be top dog at Brighton, an aspirational club which is run well, why would you go to a side where you'd be less sure of playing every week and even less sure of scoring any goals or getting any service.

Personally I reckon he'll go to QPR. But what a signing it would be if we could get him..

Well I can tell you one thing you have over looked ££££££££!!!!!!

Bennett is set to triple his wages!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If we've no chance then why did he come look round our ground? Keep the faith. It comes back to me that Poyet said he would love to have him here when punditing during a football match, and that Seagulls fans will be very happy with the squad when the season starts.

I agree our chance maybe slim but!!

But everyone on NSC seems to have the same source, I was told he was looking round the ground by a mate who tells me it was from a very reliable source? Everyone on here seems to know someone in the know, but all they are doing is trying to gain some credability, which frankly they are not getting!

The clubs is now being run professionally and not leaking any transfer news.

Could be a number of things going on behind scenes, they might tie up 2 or 3 deals in a row before letting everyone know to stop other clubs sniffing around or the selling club increasing their estimation of the player for sale?! Just a thought?

Last edited:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Agree Completly Caveman, we are now a truly professional Club now and we will be told about whatever we need to be told at the appropriate time, Gus and Bloom arent keeping secrets just to wind us up, they are conducting bussiness on a professional basis

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
But everyone on NSC seems to have the same source, I was told he was looking round the ground by a mate who tells me it was from a very reliable source? Everyone on here seems to know someone in the know, but all they are doing is trying to gain some credability, which frankly they are not getting!

Could be a number of things going on behind scenes, they might tie up 2 or 3 deals in a row before letting everyone know to stop other clubs sniffing around or the selling club increasing their estimation of the player for sale?! Just a thought?

Which is why I am so surprised at Gus's comments to AN re KLL, which he subsequently tweeted

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Totally agree, ive been thinking this too, IF we have signed KLL, we may be holding back on releasing the news to keep the fee down on other targets, otherwise they will be thinking well you paid 1 million for Buckley, you paid 1.2 - 1.5 for Lualua so you obviously have the cash and you can pay xxx for our player.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Absolutely, I thought the same listening to Barry Fry, but is ANYONE really going to pay 3 million for a league 1 striker? i doubt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here