Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS injury

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I really resent some of the negative comments on here about CMS. In fact, I find them them quite offensive. We're talking about a striker prepared to sweat blood for the cause, playing for a side managed by a mentally arthritic manager. How many goal scoring chances did we create this evening? Small wonder that CMS rarely nets for The Albion.

I am massively in favour of CMS. His passion, work rate and desire set him aside from a lot of players and he buys himself a lot of respect.

But... how long can we discuss service when we have Orlandi and Dave pulling strings? He needs to amend his game a bit, and hasn't been able to. This injury, whilst being extremely depressing, may force us to sign a loan striker and that may be the difference between play-offs and just missing out.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
I really resent some of the negative comments on here about CMS. In fact, I find them them quite offensive. We're talking about a striker prepared to sweat blood for the cause, playing for a side managed by a mentally arthritic manager. How many goal scoring chances did we create this evening? Small wonder that CMS rarely nets for The Albion.

I agree with your CMS sentiments but to class Poyet as 'mentally arthritic' is just crazy imo

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kuszczak
Bruno ~ El-Abd ~ Upson ~ Bridge
Bridcutt
Lopez ~ Hammond ~ Vicente ~ Orlandi
Ulloa

Bench: Ankergren, Calderon, Dicker, Buckley, Lualua, Agdestein, Forster-Caskey.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
What was the nature of his injury..I was out for the first half...sorry bad fan

Suspected ruptured achilles. Got past a player and slipped, instantly signalled to the bench for treatment.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Listened to Gus and what I read into this is a snapped achilles, been there myself and 3 months is the minimum. He already knows because he say's the doc knows.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Whilst not agreeing that Gus is mentally arthritic, I get the drift of this post, for all the fancy stuff and endless passing to gain no ground, our goals came from two crosses, good old fashioned harassment and a break giving a penalty on Saturday. I cast my mind to the Cardiff match and we scored with two breaks. Some may call it old thinking but we get much more when we go direct, but not a single shot tonight is pretty poor, had I travelled to Bristol tonight, which I nearly did, I would feel robbed. A point is fine but we should at least be looking for more, CMS has suffered from ball starvation all year.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Gutted for CMS. An end to another disappointing season for him here.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No sensible person should really wish or take any sort of pleasure from one of our own team being injured.

I really hope CMS gets better soon and in fact although I don't particularly rate him, coming off the bench and putting a tiring defence under pressure seems to be a really good role for him. See penalty vs Huddersfield and putting Burnley defence under rpessure after Ulloa was tiring.

The bigger worry for me is for him personally, if it is a ruptured achilles tendon and given his style of play, it is a tough injury to recover from fully. Tommy Elphick was out some time before they got it right and he's 'only' a centre back.

I just really hope any surgical intervention goes well and he's back to playing asap.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No sensible person should really wish or take any sort of pleasure from one of our own team being injured.

I really hope CMS gets better soon and in fact although I don't particularly rate him, coming off the bench and putting a tiring defence under pressure seems to be a really good role for him. See penalty vs Huddersfield and putting Burnley defence under rpessure after Ulloa was tiring.

The bigger worry for me is for him personally, if it is a ruptured achilles tendon and given his style of play, it is a tough injury to recover from fully. Tommy Elphick was out some time before they got it right and he's 'only' a centre back.

I just really hope any surgical intervention goes well and he's back to playing asap.

This is the definitive post of the thread.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Great post. Totally agree.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Very well said.

Sadly, intelligent posts like this are rather few and far between on here these days ... not that I pop by here so much now, for that very reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here