Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Clubs you dislike

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
We're all united in our hatred of Crystal Palace but do you have another club you dislike for another reason, possibly even no reason at all?

Here's my list:

West Ham - massive club mentality without the trophies to back it up.
Chelsea - spoilt brats.
Reading - nothing club. Annoying, plastic fans.
Burnley - the whole Bong/Rodriguez saga + town full of racists.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton - can’t stand them. Proper bigger dislike than Palace.
Liverpool - more their fans than the club as a whole

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Leeds - Because I went to the first Bradford-Leeds game for many years when I lived there in 1999 or 2000 and the Leeds fans sung chants about the Bradford City fire disaster
Chelsea - 'nuff said
West Ham - The missus got squared up to by West Ham fans in hospitality at the Amex a couple of years back, on her Birthday! Horrible experience and cost a bloody fortune

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For me it's:

Portsmouth
Chelsea (well before Potter)
Palace
Reading
Bournemouth
Luton

I don't really dislike anyone else.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Maidstone United and Chichester City - they stopped Southwick winning things / getting to the FA Cup first round back in the 1980s. Never forgiven them since!

Arsenal - because they ruined our entrance to the First Division.

Man Utd - because how can you possibly like them?

Most of the others are temporary / manufactured dislikes really.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Reading - what a bunch of pillocks. Celebrating a play-off spot with a pitch invasion and then finding out we'd scored at Forest so they all had to trudge off.

Aston Villa - not really their fault but the journey back from Villa the last day of the promotion season, having once again fluffed our lines and ended up coming 2nd, was pretty miserable.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Palace - number one by a fair way but also the most pantomime in style
ManU - not so much down to ‘83 as their luck with refs and fan attitude
Pompey - historic plus my old Nan, as well as some Meridian TV memories of us never getting a mention
Franchise - for franchise reasons (real Wimbledon previously fine)

I feel like I should say Orient from the time I started following Brighton more passionately as a kid, but tbh don’t really care as perhaps viewed things differently at that age

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Setting aside current rivalries, Sheffield Wednesday are right up there for me. Easily the most pig ignorant charmless bunch of self delusional muppets in the football league. Their only saving grace being the opportunity to screw things up again this season and remain the Universe's BIGGEST Division 3 plodders.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Burnley. Absolutely detest them
Chelsea since Potter gate
MK Dons
Massive
Leeds

Never liked that lot up the road but they are just rivals

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well I quite like Palace :)

Chelsea with a passion, a hatred going back to the early 70s when everyone thought of them as the swinging team of stars. Then in the mid 70s the racist NF boot boys who booed there own players and stood outside grounds selling the YNF “ newspaper” to children.

Then the money launderers from Russia moved in and bought success and the 8000 crowds became 30,000 cups and leagues being bought on the slavery of others.

I can’t even talk to Chelsea fans with out wanting to say Twat at them.

A horrible club with a horrible history owned by horrible people and supported by horrible twats.

Spurs, not the club but I do find the amount of spurs fans in Sussex bewildering?

Man unt , obviously

Shrewsbury , but only by the fact throughout the 80s they seemed to beat us all the time.

Dirty Leeds, mind you one of the only grounds today where if the away team score the away fans can make some small change and a lighter.

Did I mention Chelsea, bunch of utter knunts.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
THE CONSTANTS FOR ME:

Arrogant or cntish Londoners, hate the Alf Garnett accents or conversely latter day Tarquin's jumping on football.

Chelsea - racists, violent scum.
Arsenal
Tottenham
West Ham
Palarse

Villa - just horrible & cheated to escape the EFL.

ManUre

Others come and go such as Derby, Stains and Massive. Not interested in them now.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here