Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Gus could have shot his mouth off and ruined any possible appeal, maybe the club were banking on his motor mouth taking over? He actually played a straight bat.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
this is how *real* employment disputes work. the "interim" replacemnt is only in name, they are a replacement. the employer/employee relationship is now to be considered irretrievably broken down and the only thing to come from an appeal is compensation. the general approach to going into the disiplinary process is to assume that it will go to tribunal, so all the detail and documentation is down along the way. the delay to such affairs is due to getting a tribunal scheduled, not the information. (this is my HR missues input).

dont let the Chelsea debacle mislead, that was just a wierd title, Benitez was manager with a 1yr contract.

Spot on. I have never seen anyone win an internal appeal unless new evidence is provided. Given how much the lma have been involved so far.

Mind you Jim Magilton lost a hearing, an appeal and won a court hearing. As did Russel Slade (albeit his didn't go anywhere near court).

The implication from the statement is that he has been sacked with no pay off. I'm sure he will appeal. He has too if he wants to take it further and he has nothing to lose.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I do not believe for ONE SECOND that Gus didn't know and the news was broken to him by the BBC. Total bullcrap.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If what Gus just said on BBC3 is true then it demonstrates a lack of class on the club's behalf not seen since the mid 90s.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
That interview was unbelievable...... can you seriously believe that they would release that before he was informed?....amazing

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Club didn't even tell him, bit out of order that

Something seems wrong about all this, Gus has only just heard, convenient he is live on tv, if it is true makes the club look really bad and gives him alot of ammunition but not sure if its true to be honest.

I wonder if a manager has ever been sacked while live on tv before.

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
That was pretty harsh. I thinks it quite unfair to do that to him. Club should have told him before or after he was due to appear. Its like the club wanted him to get hammered with questions and embarrass him but I think its made the club look tinpot.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In the football world, it's defo up there. Clubs usually just pay and move on. Gus must have burnt a lot of (Stamford) bridges.

Or the world is now different and clubs can't spend 'playing money' on paying people off. I suspect that's why the LMA were so keen on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here