Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club statement re ESL - SPOT ON.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here's the PL statement:

"The Premier League, alongside The FA, met with clubs today to discuss the immediate implications of the Super League proposal.

The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition. The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those shareholders involved to account under its rules.

The League will continue to work with key stakeholders including fan groups, government, Uefa, The FA, EFL, PFA and LMA to protect the best interests of the game and call on those clubs involved in the proposed competition to cease their involvement immediately.

The Premier League would like to thank fans and all stakeholders for the support they have shown this week on this significant issue. The reaction proves just how much our open pyramid and football community means to people."

14 votes among equals.

We can now see the impertive behind recent plans to give the 'top' sides a 'weighted' vote. I can't recall the details but it was fended off.

They really are a gang of serial piss-takers, are they not?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I agree.

A minority of commentators on NSC are giving far too much credit to the 12 for their brilliant and irresistable plan, and the power of their wealth and influence, and the impossibility of mere seaweeds like us standing up to the incoming tide.

Bollocks. The plan was spilled with insufficient planning in response to the announcement of mainstream initiatives. It looks like an embarrassing cock up to me. Stand by for a frenzy of backtracking....

There is so much wrong with the plan is untrue but I won't bore everyone with at least 5 points of the top of my head that make it totally unworkable and thought through at an 8 year olds can't be arsed to do homework level. Suffice it to say, that if this a game of 5D Chess to gain concessions, You don't put yourself in a position where you have to backtrack, might get chucked out of the competitions you are still in this year, piss off the governing body and Governments, turn your own fans against you and hand the aces to everyone else. They are all as thick as planks. You can see why Madrid are 1Bn + in debt.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
coverage of this affair has been back to back on sky. I do wonder if the execs at sky are quaking in their boots given how important the top 6 are to viewing figures and therefore subscriptions. This Live Football is the very essence of their business model and it is no wonder why they are so passionately laying into the plans. If the Super 6 idea does go ahead they may be forced into buying up a package to simply operate as normal and then they will look very hypercritical.

Sky started the bndwgon of the ruination of football this is just the logical conclusion.

****ing about with kick off times, moving matches to suit tv schedules which screw away supporters, the idiocy of VAR, the fixation on tranfser fees and transfer windows.

The list is endless. And now to see them moaning and crying about the big 6 trying to make more money is so funny it's almost sick.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'd wager if this does happen Sky will be bidding for coverage rights along with the usual suspects , if as they say they are appalled at what is happening, why not make a statement saying Sky will not in any away shape or form attempt to buy ESL television rights , the answer is because if it does happen they will be licking ESL Botty faster than a cat up a drainpipe .

I look forward to 30 second highlights of our matches and MOTD featuring Leonardo Di Caprio and Tom Cruuse .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sky started the bndwgon of the ruination of football this is just the logical conclusion.

****ing about with kick off times, moving matches to suit tv schedules which screw away supporters, the idiocy of VAR, the fixation on tranfser fees and transfer windows.

The list is endless. And now to see them moaning and crying about the big 6 trying to make more money is so funny it's almost sick.

Primary reason the PL was founded was because the top clubs threated to break away and create a "Super League". In the 80s, business minded people (like David Dein) looked over at other countries and thought "hey there's a lot of money in football over there, why couldnt that be the case here?". So they started to buy cheap stocks in English clubs and put more pressure on the TV companies to pay up. To say its Skys fault is to make it very simple.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Ezb4BdTX0AEPQeu.jpg

Karl Henry agrees with me lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here