Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Confirms Poyet Dismissal

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would imagine if the club have been reluctant to make signings to save money for any potential poyet pay off, then this won't change things. I think most people expected it to be upheld at this sage, and that if money is ring fenced, it will stay there until any court has ruled.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I wonder how costly (financially) any court action by Poyet would be and if unsuccessful would he have to pay the clubs costs too. This may deter him from doing so.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Still a sad end to one of the best managers Brighton has ever had. Not knowing the reason for his dismissal means Gus is still a legend in my book but onwards and upwards.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Do you think he'll spend the next 2-3 years in and out of lower league jobs, eventually join NSC and spend a couple of weeks trying to prove it's really him?
Watching BHA highlights with Leon on the sofa?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Disappointing end (of sorts) to a brilliant few years. Fully expect this one to run for a bit longer though

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So will Oscar now be appointed manager or is he to remain head coach?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Do we have to?

Well, personally I wouldn't mind knowing why my favourite BHAFC manager got the boot. It's really a little bizarre.

I'm excited by the prospect of Oscar and I know at he end of the day managers come and go, but with the nature of the last couple of months I have to occasionally remind myself Gus isn't manager anymore. And it makes me a bit sad.

Still, the king is dead, long live the king.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Not really. What's done is done and the club are embarking on the next phase of project promotion. I'd rather focus on the future and remember the good times before the fall of Poyet.

Agreed, I just hope Gus leaves it there so we can all concentrate on our future's and appreciate what happened rather than drag it through the courts and leave us all with bad memories.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Do you think he'll spend the next 2-3 years in and out of lower league jobs, eventually join NSC and spend a couple of weeks trying to prove it's really him?
Watching BHA highlights with Leon on the sofa?

No. I think he'll get a lower Premier League or upper Championship job in the Autumn, be a big success and go on to manage a top club. And he'll never leave a position on good terms.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hope he moves on and finds greener pastures, just as i hope the same for us now. Really, though, i suppose, i'll be gladdest of all to hear word from Oscar now and what he plans to do with us. We're all better off thinking of the positives of what's to come.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I hope he moves on and finds greener pastures, just as i hope the same for us now. Really, though, i suppose, i'll be gladdest of all to hear word from Oscar now and what he plans to do with us. We're all better off thinking of the positives of what's to come.

Very much this, hopefully the information barrier comes down and Oscar can start talking to the press (rather than just Seagulls Player)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Very much this, hopefully the information barrier comes down and Oscar can start talking to the press (rather than just Seagulls Player)

Both of these sum my feelings up :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here