[Albion] Club Brugge reportedly interested in Steven Alzate

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Alzate exit confirmed. Season long loan to Standard Liege. His contract ends in 2024 - so he’s effectively left the club.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It’s weird that it’s been announced by Liege but not Brighton, and it’s weird that they’d loan him out when he’s out of contract next summer.
Agree. Unless we have an option he goes on a free next summer. Good for him but not for us

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Its fine. you think its a cock up. I don't .
No - I think it looks like a cock-up (well, more than one actually). You, it appears, just can't accept the possibility that a cock-up ever occurs at the Albion - or even if you do, you find yourself compelled to rigorously deny any such possibilty!! Unflinching loyalty and all that very commendable, especially as you're not employed by the club to do PR - but just maybe, sometimes, occasionally, allegedly, some hint of criticism might not have to be denounced as heresy!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No - I think it looks like a cock-up (well, more than one actually). You, it appears, just can't accept the possibility that a cock-up ever occurs at the Albion - or even if you do, you find yourself compelled to rigorously deny any such possibilty!! Unflinching loyalty and all that very commendable, especially as you're not employed by the club to do PR - but just maybe, sometimes, occasionally, allegedly, some hint of criticism might not have to be denounced as heresy!
Having a fourth kit this year and charging £70 for it is a rip off.
Locadia, Ali J, Undav, Sima, and Karbownik and many others - but it’s now v.rare - were poor signings .
The sanctions around ticketing / terms are often unfairly applied and often out of proportion to the offence.
And so on.

And I’ve no idea and nor do you about whether the club have let Alzate down or not. But you insist they have or insist it “looks” like they have. Fair enough.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Alzate exit confirmed. Season long loan to Standard Liege. His contract ends in 2024 - so he’s effectively left the club.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he has signed a new contract for at least another year

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There was interest. Nobody said anything about offers (including me). So (a question I should probably ask CJ as well (if I dared!)) is, what part of this seaon's transfer window and what part of last seasons transfer window got Alzate thinking, 'Wow! That's fantastic - everything's hunky-dory, couldn't be better, my career is progressing by leaps and bounds'?
Hmmmmm ..... or maybe not.
I’m interested in playing up front for us in a Cup Final, owning a full Regency townhouse on the seafront and an all night session with Margot Robbie. Don’t mean they’re going to realistically happen.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
One of those players we all liked and hoped would kick on. But a combination of injuries and a significant increase in the standard of competition for places has made him a victim of our progress. Shame, seems like a decent guy with some real talent. Good luck Steven.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Strange wording in the club statement if this is his last year. Weir talking about keeping tabs on him doesn't fit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’m interested in playing up front for us in a Cup Final, owning a full Regency townhouse on the seafront and an all night session with Margot Robbie. Don’t mean they’re going to realistically happen.
Yes, we know that, but it isn't relevant - and we really don't care! :shrug:

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Wisdom of hindsight! Could have been useful squad members with all the games we have this season. Midfield options looking light without Gross and Milner. Let’s hope the other three don’t get injured.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Wisdom of hindsight! Could have been useful squad members with all the games we have this season. Midfield options looking light without Gross and Milner. Let’s hope the other three don’t get injured.
Hindsight indeed!

Also Beleba not exactly experienced. But Lallana can drop in there if needed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports