Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Brugge reportedly interested in Steven Alzate

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Wisdom of hindsight! Could have been useful squad members with all the games we have this season. Midfield options looking light without Gross and Milner. Let’s hope the other three don’t get injured.
He'd still barely play and the kid needs to be playing regularly for the sake of his career.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
If our CM options are really down to the bare bones to make RDZ select todays first 11 is there anyone that doesn’t think Alzate would have been an improvement? Even looking at Dahoud and Baleba Wednesday I struggle to believe Alzate wouldn’t have been an upgrade in the short term. Tenacity and experience of the league and if given a run can’t believe he wouldnt have added value.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If our CM options are really down to the bare bones to make RDZ select todays first 11 is there anyone that doesn’t think Alzate would have been an improvement? Even looking at Dahoud and Baleba Wednesday I struggle to believe Alzate wouldn’t have been an upgrade in the short term. Tenacity and experience of the league and if given a run can’t believe he wouldnt have added value.
I know, I know, I know - it looks like we've cocked up with Alzate more than once (think: loan to WBA but not done in time). But we're not allowed to think that, are we (CJ)?

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
A calculated risk that didn’t work out. Other players better than Hinshelwood include Lallana, Groß, Milner and Moder.

We’ve been caught out with injuries before Dahoud and Baleba get up to speed.
Betting on Lallana, Moder and Milner's fitness was not sensible.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Potter and De Zerbi have sacked this guy off because he's not up to it yet our fans seem to think he's the answer because he had a couple of good games at right back. So strange
I tend to think it’s because we’ve all seen him put in very competent performances in centre midfield with our own eyes. Certainly better than anything I’ve yet seen from Dahoud, or Hinsh today .

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I tend to think it’s because we’ve all seen him put in very competent performances in centre midfield with our own eyes. Certainly better than anything I’ve yet seen from Dahoud, or Hinsh today .
Very competent performances i.e. a handful of 7/10 games in a side that slowly passed it around the back and bored teams to death, and a lot more where he completely disappeared, to the extent that Potter and De Zerbi got rid. But inexplicably the Alzate fan club still think he's the answer.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Very competent performances i.e. a handful of 7/10 games in a side that slowly passed it around the back and bored teams to death, and a lot more where he completely disappeared, to the extent that Potter and De Zerbi got rid. But inexplicably the Alzate fan club still think he's the answer.
Sorry you’re right. A novice Hinshelwood who led to a 6-1 defeat, a Dahoud who he doesn’t trust (understandably) v Villa, and a totally raw Baleba who gifted possession away like he was giving sweets to children v Chelsea are much better options right now than a 7/10 performer in many premier league games in the past.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry you’re right. A novice Hinshelwood who led to a 6-1 defeat, a Dahoud who he doesn’t trust (understandably) v Villa, and a totally raw Baleba who gifted possession away like he was giving sweets to children v Chelsea are much better options right now than a 7/10 performer in many premier league games in the past.
Oh…..so it’s all his fault…noted!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Ye
A few 7 out of 10s and quite a few more 4 or 5s when he got hooked after an hour for offering nothing.

He isn't physical, doesn't create, doesn't score. Absolutely pointless player which is why De Zerbi would prefer Hinshelwood and Baleba (who you have bizarrely written off after 2 games and think you know better than 2 managers and our analysts).

I can only assume the Alzate cult is full of his family because it's just f***ing weird otherwise.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Ye

A few 7 out of 10s and quite a few more 4 or 5s when he got hooked after an hour for offering nothing.

He isn't physical, doesn't create, doesn't score. Absolutely pointless player which is why De Zerbi would prefer Hinshelwood and Baleba (who you have bizarrely written off after 2 games and think you know better than 2 managers and our analysts).

I can only assume the Alzate cult is full of his family because it's just f***ing weird otherwise.
I’m not writing off Baleba or Hinsh at all but they are novices and I have zero doubt Steven would have been a better option today.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ye

Yes got to agree with this. Alzate is also a bit too slow and chooses the simple pass every time. In fact funnily enough hinshelwood kind of reminds me of alzate they are similar. The best description bof them is 'neat and tidy' championship level at best. Ollie Norwoodesque.

Baleba on the other hand you can just tell is next level potential boss/caicedo standard in the future.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Think there is a bigger question around as to why did we let Moran go out on loan as he is a better player than Alzate or Hinshelwood (at the moment)
I thought he is an attacking midfielder/winger? Not sure he’d play much ahead of Lallana, Mitoma, March, Pedro, Adingra and Fati.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought he is an attacking midfielder/winger? Not sure he’d play much ahead of Lallana, Mitoma, March, Pedro, Adingra and Fati.
Can play in multiple areas, but less so in central midfield.

Whilst everyone seems to be playing hindsight, can I throw in Ayari…..

Arguably, the issue was more actual bodies in midfield, rather than quality IMO.
2 vs 3, is never likely to end well, even if it was Mac Allister and Caicedo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here