Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clayton

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So I see the argus ran a story saying Clayton / Buldock / Ward are all signing but can't see a thread in this!? Any 'in the know' posters know if these are all done and dusted?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think this is a go-er :(

He just tweeted that he has ordered his new shin pads for the season, Adidas!

[tweet]495885387488038912[/tweet]

Is this a joke?! I'm confused...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Adidas boot and shin pad sponsorship deal...would never affect club players for or signs for.

I know - I was hoping they were joking?!

Can wear whatever boots and shin pads u want - nothing to do with kit manufacturer!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know - I was hoping they were joking?!

Can wear whatever boots and shin pads u want - nothing to do with kit manufacturer!

Good to know, so unless Clayton is being cryptic his comment means very little.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I reckon Clayton's comment means just what it said - he's ordered some new shin pads. The real question is the address they are being delivered to.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good to know, so unless Clayton is being cryptic his comment means very little.

Absolutely nothing. You don't see shin pads anyway. I'd imagine unless a player has a boot deal (which they d prob have to wear same make of shins as boots) they can where whatever they want as long as they're legal!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know it's a bit different but Barca wear Nike, Messi wears Adidas boots

Exactly... Didn't see many of our players rocking errea boots last yr :lol: ps I dont even think they exist!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has someone doing something as mundane and dull as
ordering shin pads ever caused so much debate, in the history of the world? :lolol:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I reckon Clayton's comment means just what it said - he's ordered some new shin pads. The real question is the address they are being delivered to.

Charged on his Visa, his MasterCard..... or on Amex?

We must know.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Moustache would be better...

No no no. Listening to the commentary of the Huddersfield vs Brighton match last season I lost count of the number of times the commentator mentioned the "bearded" Adam Clayton driving into the Albion half, he sounded like a colossus amongst mere mortals on the day. The "moustachioed" Adam Clayton would have made him sound like a slightly fey Frenchman.

He HAS to be BEARDED.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No no no. Listening to the commentary of the Huddersfield vs Brighton match last season I lost count of the number of times the commentator mentioned the "bearded" Adam Clayton driving into the Albion half, he sounded like a colossus amongst mere mortals on the day. The "moustachioed" Adam Clayton would have made him sound like a slightly fey Frenchman.

He HAS to be BEARDED.

Beards are for tramps and wino's!

With a moustache it would be like Magnum P.I running the midfield!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
sorry, didn't realize you spoke on the clubs behalf....

To be fair, he seems to be the clubs 'pin up boy' at the moment. They obviously expect big things from him. Imo.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him lead the Albion out at the Amex one day - Maybe even in the Prem!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He was their player of the season at least last year. Seems to have done well everywhere and can get in at various central positions protecting or attacking. Good age, experience, knows the leagues. Very happy if it comes off. We might pay a high price considering he's got only a year left but would be a good price if he had 2-3 years left so who cares. If we want him and he's sensibly priced grab the best player available not a bargain. that's very different to paying way over the top!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here