Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clayton

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If anything he's under hyped and doesn't get the credit he deserves. Look at west ham showing off poyet with limited league experience and a very similar England pedigree. If we signed jfc now from a league rival. An England U21 international, this board would go into meltdown.

Sure he's not a world beater yet. With every game he plays he'll get better and better. I know who I'd play if it was a choice of him or crofts. Jfc should be playing the attacking role as he does for England.

But he's played plenty, and doesn't appear to be getting better.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
sorry, didn't realize you spoke on the clubs behalf....

A 4/5 year deal would suggest it. Plus the promotion to the England U21's. I think it's fair to say he's rated by many professionals. If his contract was running out soon. Premier league clubs would be battling to sign him. It's as simple as that.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Saw him when we played there at the end of last season and thought he was pretty much all action and covered all the pitch. It was just one game, but that Adam Clayton would be great. I might have been distracted by the beard though.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Saw him when we played there at the end of last season and thought he was pretty much all action and covered all the pitch. It was just one game, but that Adam Clayton would be great. I might have been distracted by the beard though.

At least you noticed him, that's the main thing...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
A 4/5 year deal would suggest it. Plus the promotion to the England U21's. I think it's fair to say he's rated by many professionals. If his contract was running out soon. Premier league clubs would be battling to sign him. It's as simple as that.

Your probably right... time will tell

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Surprised to see him play for Town yesterday for 80mins if he's on the verge of coming here. Would have thought they wouldn't take the risk.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If anything he's under hyped and doesn't get the credit he deserves. Look at west ham showing off poyet with limited league experience and a very similar England pedigree. If we signed jfc now from a league rival. An England U21 international, this board would go into meltdown.

Sure he's not a world beater yet. With every game he plays he'll get better and better. I know who I'd play if it was a choice of him or crofts. Jfc should be playing the attacking role as he does for England.

Bang on, JFC is a victim of coming through the youth ranks and the expectation that has come with that. If we had got a 20 year old with how ever many games in a top 6 side and was an under 21 international from another club this place would be very happy.
The fact is he a good young player who will only improve

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
As I reiterated in another thread; I'd be delighted with this signing!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
sorry, didn't realize you spoke on the clubs behalf....

New long term deal.

Big interview on player whilst on tour.

Chosen to model / launch the new kit.

Chosen for the cover of the first program.

And have you seen the new club shop at the Amex...?

JFC is VERY much in the forefront of the club's plans.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't think this is a go-er :(

He just tweeted that he has ordered his new shin pads for the season, Adidas!

[tweet]495885387488038912[/tweet]

Middlesbrough then. Move on to the next one. Hopefully we'll get Ward in soon.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
New long term deal.

Big interview on player whilst on tour.

Chosen to model / launch the new kit.

Chosen for the cover of the first program.

And have you seen the new club shop at the Amex...?

JFC is VERY much in the forefront of the club's plans.

Sure, I agree. I'm not saying he isn't in the clubs plans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here