Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Classic Film You've Never Seen

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Blade Runner is a film I've never got on with. Strange. I think Harrison Ford in the eighties was great, I love the look of it and the design work, I find the ideaof replicants etc intriguing, I love film noir, especially the idea of a noir set in the future and yet every time I try to watch it after about 20 mins I'm bored rigid and switch off.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I pride myself on never having seen Scarface. Not sure why.

That film is okay but it really is overrated. There is something about whatever camera or colour correction they use that really makes it look like a cheap video nasty. Some of the acting is so wooden it's painful. Pacino is good in it but the support acting is excruciating.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
That film is okay but it really is overrated. There is something about whatever camera or colour correction they use that really makes it look like a cheap video nasty. Some of the acting is so wooden it's painful. Pacino is good in it but the support acting is excruciating.

I think the hype is part of the reason I haven't bothered with it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think the hype is part of the reason I haven't bothered with it.

In my humble, you haven't missed out. Much better films from that era such as The French Connection with good old Gene Hackman. A very good classic Al Pacino film that got little hype, should you be looking for such a film, is Serpico if you've not seen it. True story of a police officer railing against corruption in the force. Outstanding performance from Pacino.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
In my humble, you haven't missed out. Much better films from that era such as The French Connection with good old Gene Hackman. A very good classic Al Pacino film that got little hype, should you be looking for such a film, is Serpico if you've not seen it. True story of a police officer railing against corruption in the force. Outstanding performance from Pacino.

Love Serpico and Carlito's Way, and the French Connection is a great film as you say.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ah yes, Carlito's Way. Absolute scorcher of a film. As he is trying to get on that train at the end I was genuinely on the edge of my seat.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
You'll have the same problem with The Pianist then. Another great film set in similar situation. Also, what about The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas?

I have seen all of them and they are great films but very sad.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Godfatger films, scarface and loads of 50s classic movies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Having forgot to record it this evening I still haven't seen Citizen Kane.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
"Citizen Kane" is on iPlayer

no excuses, you have a week. It is BRILLIANT

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
"Citizen Kane" is on iPlayer

no excuses, you have a week. It is BRILLIANT

Thanks for that. Googled it. BBC4. Now downloading. I was going to mention CK and the Shining. Will have them both saved now.

Mate of mine couldn't believe that I hadn't seen The shining. There again, I couldn't believe he hadn't seen Goodfellas.

It's all swings and roundabouts.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
PS. I finally saw "it's a wonderful Life" Great film in a "Field of Dreams" sort of way.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
PS. I finally saw "it's a wonderful Life" Great film in a "Field of Dreams" sort of way.

"It's a wonderful life" is absolutely superb, "Field Of Dream" is very good. IMHO (In my humble opinion).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My father's two favourite films were the Four Feathers (original version) and Sanders of the River. Never watched either - are they any good?

Edit: Actually, am not sure which version of Four Feathers he liked but I would guess the 1939 one. I did not know there were so many versions of it, so it must be a classic!

Your old man was a genius,The Four feathers is a classic...1939 version is the benchmark,even with the unashamed use of stock battle footage.

for me
never stuck through any of the Godfather films.
got very bored after the monkeys in 2001 A Space Odyssey.
never seen the whole of Breakfast at Tiffany's(though i intend to rectify that)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here