Classic Film You've Never Seen

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Django would also come across as violent or non-sensical if you saw bits of it. I love Tarantino's films - give them a go in their entirety!

I am another who has never seen Star Wars. I have started watching it several times (with my children), but soon got bored. I don't get it at all.

Unbelievable:lolol: "A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away" (cue music) ..... I have seen all of them and I am a girl!!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Have seen Star Wars, but none of the others in the series.

But then I was no longer a kid when they came out.

Have not seen ET.

But then I was no longer a kid when it came out.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Have seen Star Wars, but none of the others in the series.

But then I was no longer a kid when they came out.

Have not seen ET.

But then I was no longer a kid when it came out.

There are times when you can be a big kid - I am that most days!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
[/B]

"A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away" (cue music) .

Reaches for off switch.

To be fair, I have seen the more recent ones (again with my children) and they're not bad.

It's the original that I hate, and have never stayed with.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
It really is.
batman_vs_shark.gif

"Hand me down the shark repellent bat spray."

[yt]XJlHjf_E--4[/yt]

Genius.

In fact, I think I've just found my new signature.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My father's two favourite films were the Four Feathers (original version) and Sanders of the River. Never watched either - are they any good?

Edit: Actually, am not sure which version of Four Feathers he liked but I would guess the 1939 one. I did not know there were so many versions of it, so it must be a classic!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
93% of all films that won an oscar for best film.

Having worked my way through the imdb top250 I am now, somewhat half heatedly, working my say through the best film Oscar winners. Without checking out my record, I think I'm of 74 out of 86.

Is avatar a classic? If so, that. I refuse to watch it. Fortunately, it dropped out of the imdb top 250 between the thread on here asking us which we'd seen and me completing the list.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Reading this thread and the number who've never seen the Godfather films, you have to wonder how t always seems to top the popular film lists.

Weird isn't it? The Godfather and Godfather II are rare examples of films that are hugely popular with the public and big critic faves too. I can't think of many more - Casablanca maybe. GII is also an even rarer example of a sequel that's better than the original - I can't think of any of those.
For those who haven't seen them, you're really missing out.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Weird isn't it? The Godfather and Godfather II are rare examples of films that are hugely popular with the public and big critic faves too. I can't think of many more - Casablanca maybe. GII is also an even rarer example of a sequel that's better than the original - I can't think of any of those.
For those who haven't seen them, you're really missing out.

Agreed.

GIII, on the other hand, is turgid rubbish, and anyone who hasn't seen that should consider it 3 hours of their lives not wasted.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thread like these realise ive seen very few films. i have Clockwork Orange unopen, i recall when moving i had at least half a dozen VHS in similar state. always seem to end up watching the same films.

Brazil. Tried once, looks terrible. I have seen Godfathers 1, 2 and 3. Thought they were just okay, wasn't hugely impressed tbh.

sets havent aged well but its cracking film. good one to stumble upon late on BBC2.

Saving private ryan. Is it any good? Bloke at work raves about it.

after the beach landing, not so much. not bad though, just overrated.

Reading this thread and the number who've never seen the Godfather films, you have to wonder how t always seems to top the popular film lists.

i imagine those into films partake of those polls, and they will have watched Godfather and rate them.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Why have people avoid The Godfather? OK, it's starts a little slow but that's to set the story and the characters. The main characters are wonderfully acted, with the chemistry and tensions between them. The violence is brutal "but it's only business". The cunning and manipulation is well studied (Keep your friends close but your enemies closer).

What you do need, when watching this film, is to be able to sit down and undisturbed. There's no point having this on as 'background'.

I've watched parts 1 & 2 many times but there's always something new I hadn't spotted before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports