Class O'Grady

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Perhaps I am over-thinking the situation, but I would like to believe that the Sponsors' MOM last night was based upon a fan-based, tactical decision, rather than the illogical choices that are sometimes made. Also the selection of CO may have been on an extended timescale beyond last night.
It was notice to CH of the fans' opinion and also a psychological boost to O'Grady that he is really appreciated (Stockdale already has plenty of self-belief).
He deserves it for making the sublime pass (vision and execution) for the second goal WITH HIS 'WRONG' FOOT - because it was simply the obvious one to use. Solly and Tex please note.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In your opinion perhaps. For me CMS would have been beaten and bullied by Shotton and Keogh. Derby wouldn't have been undone by CMS's movement as they always had 2-3 defenders on COG, COG stood his ground and battled hard all night, I suspect CMS would have spent the majority of the game sprawled on the floor.

COG had a good game but was a lone wolf up front and isolated. That is where he needed CMS as for all his hold up play and winning the ball it invariably went to an empty space and was picked up by one of the Derby defenders who then brought it forward to start an attack. Had CMS or a fit Baldock been able to chase those loose balls it would have pegged them back. As it was had they had a goal scorer like Bent or Martin on the pitch the game would have been over by half time. Fortunately a great game by Stockdale and some last ditch defending, plus I piece of magic by COG to play in Lua Lua for his goal gained us the points. But it was very hard work and well fought for.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
COG had a good game but was a lone wolf up front and isolated. That is where he needed CMS as for all his hold up play and winning the ball it invariably went to an empty space and was picked up by one of the Derby defenders who then brought it forward to start an attack. Had CMS or a fit Baldock been able to chase those loose balls it would have pegged them back. As it was had they had a goal scorer like Bent or Martin on the pitch the game would have been over by half time. Fortunately a great game by Stockdale and some last ditch defending, plus I piece of magic by COG to play in Lua Lua for his goal gained us the points. But it was very hard work and well fought for.

:lol: Keogh and Shotton would have had CMS wrapped up all night long. His aimless running about would have caused them no trouble whatsoever, can you honestly imagine an isolated CMS controlling the ball whilst under pressure from 2/3 very able defenders, and then actually doing something useful with it? This is a classic case of BG doesn't like a player so will dream up any scenario possible to try and justify his blinkered views.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
COG displayed probably 15-20 first touches to control the ball (including howitzers from Stockdale straight at him) that CMS simply isn't able to do.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I must be watching a different game as don't share the view that COG was excellent last night. Slow in movement and thought, never looks like scoring, many of lay offs to no one or to a derby player. Yes he challenged for the ball, but we need something more than that. Seems that the same blinkers people have over JFC fail to show the downside to COGs play.

After a days work I CAN FINALLY CALL YOU A FECKING TOOL :thumbsup:
Let me guess you have never played football in your life or you have a wooden leg:)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:lol: Keogh and Shotton would have had CMS wrapped up all night long. His aimless running about would have caused them no trouble whatsoever, can you honestly imagine an isolated CMS controlling the ball whilst under pressure from 2/3 very able defenders, and then actually doing something useful with it? This is a classic case of BG doesn't like a player so will dream up any scenario possible to try and justify his blinkered views.

That is absolute rubbish. COG had a good game and did what he was meant to do but through no fault of his there was nobody supporting him and consequently the ball went to an open space where they were picked up by defenders. Had CMS been there he would have chased them down, which he is good at, and stopped their defenders having time. This would probably have resulted in more or earlier yellow cards for the Derby defenders. Perhaps it is you who should take your blinkers off and judge the game on what actually happens. Keogh Shotton and Buxton had a very comfortable evening and where able to start attacks.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
That is absolute rubbish. COG had a good game and did what he was meant to do but through no fault of his there was nobody supporting him and consequently the ball went to an open space where they were picked up by defenders. Had CMS been there he would have chased them down, which he is good at, and stopped their defenders having time. This would probably have resulted in more or earlier yellow cards for the Derby defenders. Perhaps it is you who should take your blinkers off and judge the game on what actually happens. Keogh Shotton and Buxton had a very comfortable evening and where able to start attacks.

Are you Alan Partridge?----therefore I claim my prize:cheery:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
CMS can chase as many defenders as he wants, but if he's doing it alone he's not going to get any change from the Derby defence. As you've rightly seen, COG was isolated, CMS would have been also, the difference being COG was able to battle for the ball and try and hold it up, that is a skill set that CMS simply does not and never will have. I appreciate you regard yourself as NSC's most knowledgeable fan and discard everyone else's opinions so I won't be too disappointed when you tap out another post telling me I'm wrong. Cheers :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CMS can chase as many defenders as he wants, but if he's doing it alone he's not going to get any change from the Derby defence. As you've rightly seen, COG was isolated, CMS would have been also, the difference being COG was able to battle for the ball and try and hold it up, that is a skill set that CMS simply does not and never will have. I appreciate you regard yourself as NSC's most knowledgeable fan and discard everyone else's opinions so I won't be too disappointed when you tap out another post telling me I'm wrong. Cheers :thumbsup:

That is exactly my point had he been fit and played instead of Calderon he would have run onto the knocks and flick ons by COG so neither of them would have been isolated and the defenders wouldnt have had time to settle on the ball.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That is exactly my point had he been fit and played instead of Calderon he would have run onto the knocks and flick ons by COG so neither of them would have been isolated and the defenders wouldnt have had time to settle on the ball.

Hang on, are you suggesting that CMS should have been on the pitch with COG?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
After a days work I CAN FINALLY CALL YOU A FECKING TOOL :thumbsup:
Let me guess you have never played football in your life or you have a wooden leg:)

Thank you kindly I do not have a wooden leg I am more like the actor auditioning for the part of Tarzan in peter cook and dudley Moore's one leg too few

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Thank you kindly I do not have a wooden leg I am more like the actor auditioning for the part of Tarzan in peter cook and dudley Moore's one leg too few

So, what you are telling me is, you have not played footie ---- like wot I said ---- but you like late sixties comedy.
Fair enough then:)

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
COG's first touch and vision (pass to Lua Lua was beautifully executed) is a useful asset in certain games. If he can just bag a few goals it would round off an amazing transformation. I think we would be mad to let him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports