Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Class O'Grady

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Wasn't there tonight but reading this thread it doesn't surprise me.

I thought he was excellent against Ipswich and was really surprised he hasn't played more regularly

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
needs to get in the box more. Once he layed it off there was no one to cross it too at one stage he layed it off to kll the. Ran and stood next to him

Frustrating

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hughton has done a decent job so far, but his one blind spot was ignoring O'Grady. Hopefully he's seen after tonight's performance that he is the centre forward we need to start with every game. Excellent performance bettered only by Stockdale.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
What's that old cliche? His second touch is a tackle.

Might be true if you're CMS but not if you're COG.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hughton has done a decent job so far, but his one blind spot was ignoring O'Grady. Hopefully he's seen after tonight's performance that he is the centre forward we need to start with every game. Excellent performance bettered only by Stockdale.

I wonder what our win ratio with O'Grady playing is. Take away the Arsenal cup game and i expect our results with him are quite favorable.

I wonder if he'll be the first Albion striker to win player of the season without scoring a single league goal :)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Every time he gets the ball
I know we're gunna score a goal
O'grady...O'grady....

Love the big man tricks up his sleeve, more pace than Ulloa, doesn't get on the end of crosses like him though but certainly does the hard work much like CMS. I can see how he scored 15 last season. However I can't see how he hasn't scored in the league for us.

Come on Chris you mother ****er. The fans love you, bag a league goal preferably a 90th minute winner against Reading next week and you will never see celebrations like it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did well holding the ball up butt that is where it generally stops. The one time he laid it to a player Lua Lua scored, but generally the ball fell into the area covered by 3 Derby defenders and it allowed them to pick it up and start an attack. He needs either CMS or Baldock to play alongside of him to pick up his knock ons.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Imagine Ulloa and O'grady playing together upfront in a 4-4-2 in the Championship

I'll take the header, no my header, no my header. But that was my header, no you got in the way, no you did.

Imagining it, but it ain't going well!:lol:

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I must be watching a different game as don't share the view that COG was excellent last night. Slow in movement and thought, never looks like scoring, many of lay offs to no one or to a derby player. Yes he challenged for the ball, but we need something more than that. Seems that the same blinkers people have over JFC fail to show the downside to COGs play.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Did well holding the ball up butt that is where it generally stops. The one time he laid it to a player Lua Lua scored, but generally the ball fell into the area covered by 3 Derby defenders and it allowed them to pick it up and start an attack. He needs either CMS or Baldock to play alongside of him to pick up his knock ons.

I should think it would stop up butt!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I must be watching a different game as don't share the view that COG was excellent last night. Slow in movement and thought, never looks like scoring, many of lay offs to no one or to a derby player. Yes he challenged for the ball, but we need something more than that. Seems that the same blinkers people have over JFC fail to show the downside to COGs play.

Yep, different game.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1

This all day!! exactly my thoughts needs someone running off him.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

JFC often loses the ball in midfield allowing the other team to push on. O Grady is different in that he can give the team a little breathing space and take the pressure off a little by holding it for a few seconds up front, something we've lacked all our time at the amex. His control, distribution and positioning were excellent last night. Joint mom with Stockdale for me last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here