Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Class O'Grady

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
His hold up play was excellent, his tracking back was excellent and isnt afraid to put a foot in. His through ball for Lua Lua was sublime.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I thought he had one of his best games for us - a very strong and mature performance against a Derby team that was capable of tearing us apart but was somehow kept at bay. Hard to pick a MoM when everyone was required to work so hard but I don't begrudge him getting singled out by the sponsors - though Stockdale has every right to feel a bit miffed after those saves.

We don't have a team of world-beating players but when they put a real shift in like COG did last night, and perform to the best of their abilities, there's not much more you can ask for.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Yes, O'Grady is not perfect but he does offer something we have lacked all season: someone who not only challenges for long balls but also wins a good many. His ball inside the defender to Lua Lua was as good as any we have seen. His performances in recent games simply reinforce how clueless Hyypia was.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
His pass for the second goal was just outstanding. Have always been a fan even when others wanted him out. Very good player, and if he can notch a goal more will come

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But this doesn't make any sense AT ALL.

North Stand Chat TOLD ME he was USELESS and a LEAGUE ONE striker and that was on the back of 4 or 5 10minute cameos which, as everyone knows, is the ULTIMATE way to judge a player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But this doesn't make any sense AT ALL.

North Stand Chat TOLD ME he was USELESS and a LEAGUE ONE striker and that was on the back of 4 or 5 10minute cameos which, as everyone knows, is the ULTIMATE way to judge a player.
Not only that also Stockdale was shitehouse, Dunk needed a 'holiday' and Tex is too lightweight.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Should start every game his hold up play is brilliant and turned out a good signing after all

Personally i think it depends on who we play. Against massive, less mobile centre backs (like Leeds) the combination of CMS and Baldock proved excellent. I thought OGrady was very good last night as a release and was the right selection.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Some of us knew he was quality from the start and could never understand the slating he got on here. :bigwave:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Strangely, because I genuinely think COG is our best forward option at present, I didn't particularly think he'd be the best option for the game last night as it seemed Derby would have more of the ball and we'd need CMSs pace in behind to trouble them on the counter.

Given that COG did start, my biggest frustration was that we didn't utilise the first touch and strength he has enough. Derby closed the game down for long periods of time and this shut Tex out of the game and often left COG marginalised because we hoofed ball after ball up to his head and expected him to do something with it, which also meant that Baldock/Lua x 2 and Calderon weren't able to run off him.

Luckily, after about 60 minutes we realised we actually had to play into his body/feet and play off him and it allowed us to push further up the pitch and grow into the game for long enough to snatch a couple of goals.

I wouldn't say MOTM last night because I don't think he had more than about 5 meaningful touches ie where the ball was played into him and not just pumped up on to his head, but he did make the most of the decent balls he was given and he worked incredibly hard.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Well played Chris - fantastic hold up play and pass for Kaz's goal. He might not be prolific but with a better striker to play off him next season I reckon he and 'another' could do well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We missed him badly last night.

Whilst the words "missed" and "badly" often feature in comments pertaining to CMS, it's not often we see them in the context you've just used them :ohmy:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Whilst the words "missed" and "badly" often feature in comments pertaining to CMS, it's not often we see them in the context you've just used them :ohmy:

He does that because he won't accept that he's likely had his day. The fella won't give any recognition to COG except some qualified comment. CMS worked against a very poor Leeds side but it was almost a one off since his return. COG on the other hand hasn't had a bad game since returning, turned in several MOM performances but still some of the old farts won't have it

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Should start every game his hold up play is brilliant and turned out a good signing after all

I thought he did OK earlier in the season for the job he was meant to do.

I was only impressed by half the team performance last night for the 23 minutes.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Every time he gets the ball;
I know he's going to score a goal.
O'Grady
O'Grady

Oh you to me are everything;
The sweetest song that I could sing.
O'Grady
O'Grady

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We missed him badly last night.

In your opinion perhaps. For me CMS would have been beaten and bullied by Shotton and Keogh. Derby wouldn't have been undone by CMS's movement as they always had 2-3 defenders on COG, COG stood his ground and battled hard all night, I suspect CMS would have spent the majority of the game sprawled on the floor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here