Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Clarkson's Farm 2

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Man up and watch it😊
Is it manly to watch someone who fantasises about stripping a woman naked and hurling faeces at her whilst she's paraded around the streets?
There are plenty of other farming programmes which are very interesting.

Pleased to be woke.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Is it manly to watch someone who fantasises about stripping a woman naked and hurling faeces at her whilst she's paraded around the streets?
There are plenty of other farming programmes which are very interesting.

Pleased to be woke.
I have never watched the programme myself, but I am sorry that my light hearted remark has upset you. Perhaps I should have said, ‘take a deep breath and watch it’. Anyway, I shall go and take my punishment like a man (whoops!) and stand in the corner.
P.S.
Just so as you know, I like many others, found Clarkson’s remarks re MM, abysmal and in extreme bad taste, but the thread was about a farming programme and I merely replied to the poster, in a light hearted manner, about what to do. By all means, carry on being Woke, but a little bit of balance wouldn’t go amiss.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have never watched the programme myself, but I am sorry that my light hearted remark has upset you. Perhaps I should have said, ‘take a deep breath and watch it’. Anyway, I shall go and take my punishment and stand in the corner.
P.S.
Just so as you know, I like many others, found Clarkson’s remarks re MM, abysmal and in extreme bad taste, but the thread was about a farming programme and I merely replied to the poster, in a light hearted manner, about what to do. By all means, carry on being Woke, but a little bit of balance wouldn’t go amiss.
I mentioned it because the OP mentioned it. I'm sorry, you thought I was aiming it at you.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I have never watched the programme myself, but I am sorry that my light hearted remark has upset you. Perhaps I should have said, ‘take a deep breath and watch it’. Anyway, I shall go and take my punishment like a man (whoops!) and stand in the corner.
P.S.
I mentioned it because the OP mentioned it. I'm sorry, you thought I was aiming it at you.
No probs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It does show how hard it is to deal with red tape etc in the countryside. I've owned smallholdings and tried to make "ago" out of it. It's bloody hard work for little reward, full of red tape and so on. We applied under permitted build for a barn, which in a sense you're telling them you're doing it and just informing the council. Anyhow out come the planning inspector. He was actually a really nice chap but had to follow the guidelines. He said I was in an AONB. Interesting I said, the fields for as far as can be seen where cleared woodland, used by man for farming and directly in view of me was a huge body of water, created by Southern Water in 1980. Nothing at all was natural.

We ploughed (see what I done there?) loads of money into the project but we're doomed to failure as you're stopped from doing anything that will enhance the area and produce local food for local people.

Clarkson's farm started as a vanity project but he has caught the bug. Even with his wealth he has shown how hard it is for farmers to keep going. These people that appear on parish councils are only on there to protect their own little England, roses around the door existence. What the idiots don't realise the reason they can drive down their little lanes with nicely trimmed hedgerow is down to the poor farmer who is about to go bust.

Programmes like Countryfile only shows a sugar coated view of the countryside especially that farmer on there. The reality is long hours, little reward, loneliness, mental health issues (high suicide rate) and very little selection on checked shirts.

Edit. We had a flock of 200 rare breed sheep. They were pedigree Romney, which while being the most popular breed in the World they are all apart from about 9 flocks mixed with Texel . Ours were pure and therefore us and the 8 other farmers were slowly increasing the breed. My ram was county champion when younger.

We also had 12 rare breed sows. This was really the only profitable part of the venture until they stopped slaughtering pigs at Heathfield. This made it so expensive taking them elsewhere. We were very much like the pig farmer in the Clarkson co-operative. We had loads of pigs with nowhere to send apart from the market where you're competing with huge producers of commercial pigs.

The net result will be the loss of traditional breeds of pigs/sheep/cows and even old breeds of horses.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It does show how hard it is to deal with red tape etc in the countryside. I've owned smallholdings and tried to make "ago" out of it. It's bloody hard work for little reward, full of red tape and so on. We applied under permitted build for a barn, which in a sense you're telling them you're doing it and just informing the council. Anyhow out come the planning inspector. He was actually a really nice chap but had to follow the guidelines. He said I was in an AONB. Interesting I said, the fields for as far as can be seen where cleared woodland, used by man for farming and directly in view of me was a huge body of water, created by Southern Water in 1980. Nothing at all was natural.

We ploughed (see what I done there?) loads of money into the project but we're doomed to failure as you're stopped from doing anything that will enhance the area and produce local food for local people.

Clarkson's farm started as a vanity project but he has caught the bug. Even with his wealth he has shown how hard it is for farmers to keep going. These people that appear on parish councils are only on there to protect their own little England, roses around the door existence. What the idiots don't realise the reason they can drive down their little lanes with nicely trimmed hedgerow is down to the poor farmer who is about to go bust.

Programmes like Countryfile only shows a sugar coated view of the countryside especially that farmer on there. The reality is long hours, little reward, loneliness, mental health issues (high suicide rate) and very little selection on checked shirts.

Edit. We had a flock of 200 rare breed sheep. They were pedigree Romney, which while being the most popular breed in the World they are all apart from about 9 flocks mixed with Texel . Ours were pure and therefore us and the 8 other farmers were slowly increasing the breed. My ram was county champion when younger.

We also had 12 rare breed sows. This was really the only profitable part of the venture until they stopped slaughtering pigs at Heathfield. This made it so expensive taking them elsewhere. We were very much like the pig farmer in the Clarkson co-operative. We had loads of pigs with nowhere to send apart from the market where you're competing with huge producers of commercial pigs.

The net result will be the loss of traditional breeds of pigs/sheep/cows and even old breeds of horses.
Really interesting thanks, I had no idea you were involved in that line of business. I found the show to be a real eye-opener as to the realities of what farmers in the UK have to deal with to make a living. The poor woman who'd lost about half of her herd of cows (60-odd) to TB and hadn't taken a wage for 18+ months was quite startling. Just breaking even sounds like an immense challenge.

I think by the end of S1, after a whole year of farming, Clarkson had made something like eight quid in profit (hence the name of his farm "Diddly Squat"). You'd hope this last year that will have improved, being as he's not had to invest in Lambourhini tractors etc. I'd be interested to know.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Really interesting thanks, I had no idea you were involved in that line of business. I found the show to be a real eye-opener as to the realities of what farmers in the UK have to deal with to make a living. The poor woman who'd lost about half of her herd of cows (60-odd) to TB and hadn't taken a wage for 18+ months was quite startling. Just breaking even sounds like an immense challenge.

I think by the end of S1, after a whole year of farming, Clarkson had made something like eight quid in profit (hence the name of his farm "Diddly Squat"). You'd hope this last year that will have improved being as he's not had to invest in Lambourhini tractors etc. I'd be interested to know.
Fortunately it wasn't my main income, like Clarkson, but without his wealth haha.

When he was trying to complete the livestock movements, I felt his pain. pigs are highly regulated as they are considered "dirty meat". When we first started it was all paperwork, which meant you could fill it out handing out the carbon copies as you required and finally send off your pink copy to defra. You had a stock book you would enter new arrivals in (all animals), give your tag numbers all very easy. Defra would pitch up and go through your records all dandy. Then, THEN they went digital with a system designed by an Amstrad computer from the 70's. My God, the phone calls, the signing on process, then trying to get all to tally up with either the slaughterhouse the auctioneer or the farmer your selling stock to. You're doing this having got up at dawn to load the stock in the trailer, to get to market on time or the slaughterhouse. You're not allowed, rightly, to load a certain time before you leave. You're not allowed off your farm until the digital paperwork has cleared (which it never did first time due to the crap system).

Meanwhile some bloody Palace supporters have come and helped themselves to your equipment. Or ramblers have left your gates open, their dogs attacked your lambs, and the parish council clerk is calling you about the overhanging branches on to the lane that some local gentry scratched his Range Rover on.

All of this happens on a cold January morning with a windchill of -10 in the passing rain.

I loved it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I agree with you about Countryfile, but Matt Baker's series about taking over his father's farm, and the Yorkshire farm are very interesting. to me, at least.
My ancestors were all farm labourers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fortunately it wasn't my main income, like Clarkson, but without his wealth haha.

When he was trying to complete the livestock movements, I felt his pain. pigs are highly regulated as they are considered "dirty meat". When we first started it was all paperwork, which meant you could fill it out handing out the carbon copies as you required and finally send off your pink copy to defra. You had a stock book you would enter new arrivals in (all animals), give your tag numbers all very easy. Defra would pitch up and go through your records all dandy. Then, THEN they went digital with a system designed by an Amstrad computer from the 70's. My God, the phone calls, the signing on process, then trying to get all to tally up with either the slaughterhouse the auctioneer or the farmer your selling stock to. You're doing this having got up at dawn to load the stock in the trailer, to get to market on time or the slaughterhouse. You're not allowed, rightly, to load a certain time before you leave. You're not allowed off your farm until the digital paperwork has cleared (which it never did first time due to the crap system).

Meanwhile some bloody Palace supporters have come and helped themselves to your equipment. Or ramblers have left your gates open, their dogs attacked your lambs, and the parish council clerk is calling you about the overhanging branches on to the lane that some local gentry scratched his Range Rover on.

All of this happens on a cold January morning with a windchill of -10 in the passing rain.

I loved it.
Bloody hell, I can safely say you're welcome to it! :lolol:
I speak as someone who shuffles downstairs in his dressing gown and slippers at about 8ish, logs on and works from home (3 days a week). Occasionally one of my biscuits gets overly dunked in the morning mug of tea, but thats generally about as fraught as things get at Easy Towers on a work day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bloody hell, I can safely say you're welcome to it! :lolol:
I speak as someone who shuffles downstairs in his dressing gown and slippers at about 8ish, logs on and works from home (3 days a week). Occasionally one of my biscuits gets overly dunked in the morning mug of tea, but thats generally about as fraught as things get at Easy Towers on a work day.
IMAG0210.jpgIMAG0142.jpgIMAG0197 (1).jpgIMAG0444.jpgIMAG0434.jpgIMAG0148 (1).jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can certainly see it has its rewards, PM.
But the numerous downsides would still spoil it for me. I'm not really an outdoors type.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

I think by the end of S1, after a whole year of farming, Clarkson had made something like eight quid in profit (hence the name of his farm "Diddly Squat"). You'd hope this last year that will have improved, being as he's not had to invest in Lambourhini tractors etc. I'd be interested to know.

I read today that a concerned viewer felt so sorry for the lady farmer (Emma) that she started a Crowdfunding for her. At the moment it is approaching £10,000.

Anyway, we also binge watched the second season, enjoyed it so much and now look forward to the third.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I loved it.
You weren’t the guy who phoned harty and I on the bbc fans phone in, from your farm and all we could hear was sheep in the background. The caller told us the noise was sheep in labour!
we both pissed ourselves that afternoon!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You weren’t the guy who phoned harty and I on the bbc fans phone in, from your farm and all we could hear was sheep in the background. The caller told us the noise was sheep in labour!
we both pissed ourselves that afternoon!
No I wasn't :ROFLMAO:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here