Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Clarkson what do you think of him?

Clarkson, what do you think of him?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Having had the misfortune to having shared several pints and even a couple of meals with Portillo, I’d humbly suggest you’d be very disappointed, he really is arrogance personified.

Ive never met Clarkson but I think the two series of Clarkson’s Farm are excellent viewing.
My comparing the choice between having a pint with Clarkson or Portillo was by no means suggesting either would be desirable, but if a choice needed to be made...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Currently, if you ignore other/fence we are into a real majority of posters who actually LIKE JC, even without that the result is still positive for the bloke that so many profess to be so out of touch. Maybe after years of criticism of his kind of humour, some of the ‘modern thinking’ folk need to shut up?
Quite right, anyone who engages in 'modern thinking' and disagrees with the majority should 'shut up'.

Alternate opinions will not be tolerated 🤣

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite right, anyone who engages in 'modern thinking' and disagrees with the majority should 'shut up'.

It works the other way around too. “How DARE you think that, you bigoted gammon” :smile:

Always use some term of abuse to let people know just how offended you are :wink:

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
In a world full of absolute gobshites he comfortably sits somewhere near the top of the pile.

Although that said, I think he thrives off of the attention like an overgrown toddler, so I try to think or talk about him as little as possible.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
He spouts the same tedious Right-wing liberal-baiting nonsense that appeals to worshippers of Piers Morgan, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Nigel Farage and Donald Trump. A hero to late-middle-aged men and Golf Club bores, who seem to view him as some kind of present-day Aristotle or Plato.

Well-paid Gobshites like Clarkson and his ilk love dishing-out insults and punching-down against minorities and the so-called 'Woke', yet as soon as they are challenged, they turn into hyper-sensitive blubbering snowflakes - the very people they purport to despise.

I buy The Sunday Times, so reluctantly read Clarkson's 1/2 page column, along with the paper's other resident Right-wingers like Robert Colvile (head of the Thatcherite Centre for Policy Studies, which he fails to declare when promoting more privatisation and tax-cuts for the rich) and Dominic "son of Nigel" Lawson.

One of the ironies of all these "provocative" Right-wing journalists - Clarkson, Colvile, Lawson, Neill, etc - is their constant whining about how they are denied a voice and prevented from expressing their views because of 'political correctness', 'the Woke' and the Left's alleged domination of the British media: every week, predictable diatribes against liberals, environmentalists, feminists, and the Left, followed by the absurdly self-pitying "But we're not allowed to say that anymore." Except that you just have, you thick biovating brain-dead Right-wing rent-a-gobs.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It works the other way around too. “How DARE you think that, you bigoted gammon” :smile:

Always use some term of abuse to let people know just how offended you are :wink:

Me?

I am not easily offended, nor have I used such tactics to stifle debate. I'll leave that to WWW and the others.

I rarely call other posters names and enjoy a discussions with people who disagree with me.

I did call Clarkson a bellend and I stand by that. Not because I find him offensive though, more that I find him inauthentic and insincere.

As I said though he makes great TV. I enjoyed the farm thing and enjoy a rerun of top gear now and then.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Which is basically the attitude of Right-wing rags like the Daily Mail and its readers - It is so often those who complain loudest and longest about "cancel culture" who want to sack or silence anyone with a 'progressive' or 'liberal' opinion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He spouts the same tedious Right-wing liberal-baiting nonsense that appeals to worshippers of Piers Morgan, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Nigel Farage and Donald Trump. A hero to late-middle-aged men and Golf Club bores, who seem to view him as some kind of present-day Aristotle or Plato.

Well-paid Gobshites like Clarkson and his ilk love dishing-out insults and punching-down against minorities and the so-called 'Woke', yet as soon as they are challenged, they turn into hyper-sensitive blubbering snowflakes - the very people they purport to despise.

I buy The Sunday Times, so reluctantly read Clarkson's 1/2 page column, along with the paper's other resident Right-wingers like Robert Colvile (head of the Thatcherite Centre for Policy Studies, which he fails to declare when promoting more privatisation and tax-cuts for the rich) and Dominic "son of Nigel" Lawson.

One of the ironies of all these "provocative" Right-wing journalists - Clarkson, Colvile, Lawson, Neill, etc - is their constant whining about how they are denied a voice and prevented from expressing their views because of 'political correctness', 'the Woke' and the Left's alleged domination of the British media: every week, predictable diatribes against liberals, environmentalists, feminists, and the Left, followed by the absurdly self-pitying "But we're not allowed to say that anymore." Except that you just have, you thick biovating brain-dead Right-wing rent-a-gobs.
Or just ordinary folk who love cars or people doing some fun things.

He’s really not the right wing figure portrayed, instead he’s a wind up artist, who it appears is very good at it.

There are plenty of people in the media or politics, who do meet the description you describe …. Morgan, Daily Mail feature writers, Farage. Imho Clarkson is tame by comparison.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Which is basically the attitude of Right-wing rags like the Daily Mail and its readers - It is so often those who complain loudest and longest about "cancel culture" who want to sack or silence anyone with a 'progressive' or 'liberal' opinion.

Yep, it's both extremes that do this. All while pretending it is the other side. I don't have much time for either, it's hard to have any kind of discussion with such people.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Not at all, just maybe not be so overtly judgemental. And let’s be entirely honest, the woke/PC/whatever crowd are not known for listening to the opinions of others too much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me?

I am not easily offended, nor have I used such tactics to stifle debate. I'll leave that to WWW and the others.

I rarely call other posters names and enjoy a discussions with people who disagree with me.

I did call Clarkson a bellend and I stand by that. Not because I find him offensive though, more that I find him inauthentic and insincere.

As I said though he makes great TV. I enjoyed the farm thing and enjoy a rerun of top gear now and then.
I was not directing my comment at you, it was just a generalisation about how both Woke and Gammons react to people they disagree with :smile:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I was not directing my comment at you, it was just a generalisation about how both Woke and Gammons react to people they disagree with :smile:
Ah fair enough, thanks for clarifying.

Yes I agree both do react the same way. I must say though that I am seeing much more of one than the other at the moment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You see I'm confused now.

Whilst I quite like Clarkson's writing and TV shows, I don't hero-worship him. Also, I cannot ABIDE Morgan, JR-M, Farage or Trump. And I've never been a member of a golf club. So I'm not sure which pigeon-hole I should be put into, tbh.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Does he wind you up?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You see I'm confused now.

Whilst I quite like Clarkson's writing and TV shows, I don't hero-worship him. Also, I cannot ABIDE Morgan, JR-M, Farage or Trump. And I've never been a member of a golf club. So I'm not sure which pigeon-hole I should be put into, tbh.
That'll be me too, on all counts.

I don't think I've ever read a word he's written. I didn't know he had a Sunday Times column until someone on here, who doesn't like him, mentioned they read it every week.

I see a few hours of his TV output a year, and I generally, although not always, find it quite entertaining. That's as far as it goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here