[Misc] Clarkson what do you think of him?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarkson, what do you think of him?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's quite simple really; if you like Clarkson there's a high probability that you voted Leave (and screwed-up the country for the foreseeable), and are a Tory cwnt (Welsh spelling)
Which would be funny because is not only a committed remainer, he wants to dump the pound and the country to join the euro.

As silly as it is to pigeon hole Clarkson, it's even sillier to pigeon hole his audience.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's quite simple really; if you like Clarkson there's a high probability that you voted Leave (and screwed-up the country for the foreseeable), and are a Tory cwnt (Welsh spelling)
:facepalm:
The dullest of dullards are the political bores on this forum that come out with utter crap like this.
:lolol: I’m actually laughing because I think you are serious

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Genuine question, but was he forthright with this opinion when writing for the papers he writes for?

Edit: All good, a quick google suggests he has talked about it a fair bit.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Genuine question, but was he forthright with this opinion when writing for the papers he writes for?

Edit: All good, a quick google suggests he has talked about it a fair bit.

He wrote about it a lot. My major criticism of him is that he allowed himself (and played to the crowd) to come across as a little Englander in this country.

As he said to Alastair Cambell, I believe as much about what I write as you say.

With all his faults and prejudices, he is a brilliant brilliant programme maker.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Geez! - are you so f*ck*n' desperate that you come up with drivel like this? Oooh, ooh ooh - some people think Clarkson's a ****, so they don't share my views so they must have voted for Brexit. Listen sunshine, I voted Brexit, I think Clarkson's a ****, I think people that believe in stupid stereotypes like you seem to do are cnuts, and yours is one of the most ****ish posts I've seen outside the toxic Brexit thread in a long while.

TBH, I've had people like you on ignore for a long time - just opened up to see what was going on on this thread. Back on ignore for the likes of you. 'Bye.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Geez! - are you so f*ck*n' desperate that you come up with drivel like this. Oooh, ooh ooh - some people think Clarkson's a ****, so they don't share my views so they must have voted for Brexit. Listen sunshine, I voted Brexit, I think Clarkson's a ****, I think people that believe in stupid stereotypes like you seem to do are cnuts, and yours is one of the most ****ish posts I've seen outside the toxic Brexit thread in a long while.

TBH, I've had people like you on ignore for a long time - just opened up to see what was going on on this thread. Back on ignore for the likes of you. 'Bye.
Get off that fence :lolol:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Tory **** and voted stay, moronic to vote leave imo. Bear Pit now?

So not that simple
Well to be fair, I only said there was a high probability that Clarkson fans ticked both those boxes, and I stand by that generalisation. You are only half beyond the pale...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well to be fair, I only said there was a high probability that Clarkson fans ticked both those boxes, and I stand by that generalisation. You are only half beyond the pale...

Not that I'm defending his journalism or many of his views, but if you look at the demographics of those who enjoy his programmes it's far from a generalisation it's frankly bollocks.

Top Gear at its peak was one of the most successful television programmes in the world, not some nonsense on GB News.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
His written work is acerbic, funny, and, more to point, very relevant. It is somewhat woke to dislike him, as he says things that need to be said in a quirky amusing way that pushes boundaries of acceptability (and they need to be pushed).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Which is basically the attitude of Right-wing rags like the Daily Mail and its readers - It is so often those who complain loudest and longest about "cancel culture" who want to sack or silence anyone with a 'progressive' or 'liberal' opinion.

Your statement doesn't seem on point at all.

Take universities as an example.

All the protesting and wanting to shut down speakers etc comes from one side and it's not the side you're intimating that wants to silence things.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Met with the brewery owner of Hawstone beer( Clarksons beer) in Bourton on the Water monday on the way to Stoke.
Seems Clarkson is quite astute as are the local businesses.
Was interesting to hear how they survived Covid and the expansion plans for the beer in the USA (Clarkson has a good brand name there).........beer already in Texas under licence.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I am a lefty, woke snowflake…..but have always quite liked his off the cuff miserable dad comments, he plays it well and I enjoy watching him, yes sometimes he says or writes something that goes a bit far, but he plays the stooge well and if you take all he says with a pinch of salt he is amusing.

The farm programme shows him in his true light I think as he knows the farm manager and farmhands know so much more than him, he try’s hard to get one over them but always ends up as the fall guy….and yes I am a wear this makes good TV.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He has come across as a little misogynistic at times, but he's largely tolerable.

The worst of him was seen when he did the Patagonia special and he clearly thought it was funny to drive through Argentina with a number plate "H982 FKL", then acted like a complete pussy when it became clear he had angered and upset a mob of veterans, pretending he didn't realise the meaning of the number plate, and then pleading for police protection and getting out of the country sooner than planned in case he was ambushed.

I mean, imagine driving through a country we fought with in living memory with a mocking number plate, and not appreciating that families of people who were slaughtered whilst fighting (on the whim of a military junta) might find that upsetting.

I'd like to think he learned from that though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports