Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR charged with making homophobic gestures at AMEX

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
3. PR and club image a disaster? I think every chairman up and down the land will respect and admire Tony Bloom for calling out Gus and his team so decisively, not to mention the majority of football fans who have to live in the real world.

i think it's you that needs to start living in the real world. regarding the other chairmen, you may well be right but that's less than 100 people. do you really think that, after all stories about us in the past few weeks, the overriding opinion of the average fan is respect for the way we dealt with all that crap (pun intended)? let's imagine for a moment that Brighton had beaten a highly fancied Palace team in the playoff semi-final, someone associated with Palace had taken a dump in the Brighton changing room and then Holloway was suspended because after the match he said something like "i'd rather be at home shagging Aunt Sally". can you honestly say that your reaction would be one of respect for Palace due to the way they handled the situation?

i think we'll be fine. Tony Bloom will get a good manager in, we'll still be able to attract good players and we'll again be amongst the favourites for promotion in the next couple of years but to say that the past few weeks haven't been a complete and utter PR disaster is somewhat blinkered to say the least.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Point of order: London or Manchester is the gay capital of the UK, Barcelona (Sitges) or Amsterdam is the gay capital in Europe, and San Francisco in the World. Brighton is just fabulous :safeway:

Spot on. I was going to mention Manchester & San Fran.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just another classic example of the gays getting over offended at the slighest thing.

If someone came up to me in the street and shouted "you straight *******", could i ring the police?

No. Because there isn't a history of discrimination against straight people. Really not that difficult to understand.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wasn't at the game so I am highly qualified to have a view on this.

I am APPALLED and OUTRAGED by what he did...which I didn't see, but he must have done something after all because I am OUTRAGED by it.

I feel there needs to be an expensive court case to satisfy the hoards of people like me who are OUTRAGED at this OUTRAGEOUS act....what did he do again?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think the best way to respond to this is for the gay community to tease him. Imagine how someone like CKR would feel if the editor of the Gay Times ran an article about the hottest professional footballers and they chose to put CKR on the front of their magazine. For a homophobe like CKR that is a million times more humiliating than a silly court case.

In fact I might email the editor and suggest it. It would be revenge served ice cold.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Just another classic example of the gays getting over offended at the slighest thing.

If someone came up to me in the street and shouted "you straight *******", could i ring the police?

Yep. Pretty minor section 5 but a section 5 none the less.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Not just saying this because I'm a Palace fan, but your PR and club image is a disaster at the moment. This whole homophobic thing is a real fiasco...Brighton is the gay capital of the world, therefore you will get stick for it (rightly or wrongly).
Stick to facts, not what you perceive to be correct. Brighton is not even in the top 10 of the world's gay capitals. It's not even number 1 in England. It is below both Manchester and Blackpool. Just so you know, this is the world's top 10...
1. San Francisco
2. Amsterdam
3. Sydney
4. New York
5. Los Angeles
6. Manchester
7. Cologne
8. Athens
9. Montreal
10. Cape town

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Whether its factul or not, Brighton is thought of as a Gay town. Blackpool is known as a town full of fat northern slappers and Manchester is a town full of Wankers. None of this might be true but its what I think anyway ;)

BTW I love Brighton city..not so much the team.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Does he actually have to appear? Will he not send his solicitor along ..plead guilty say sorry get a slap on the wrists ..then the police say they've done there bit ..the football league will say they are clamping down on perceived homophobic abuse etc etc

Or will he actually fight the charge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here