Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Citeh fans

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They are insane. The Amex fixture last year was characterised by their repeated diving, moaning, appealing to the ref and time wasting. This all stopped on a six pence as soon as they realised they needed to start playing again once we had scored.

It was anti-football and it wasn't on our part.

The audacity of the big girls blouse Pep and his staff to complain about Graham's frankly modest celebration was the icing on the cake.

Maybe if Ederson hadn't wasted so much time er, time-wasting then karma - and BDB! - might not have bitten them in the bum :lol:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Let’s not rewrite history. Before the oil money they were still one of the best supported clubs in the country, even when they were in the third tier. Can’t say for certain but I think they probably had a fuller stadium for home games when they were on a decent run whatever division they were in than they do now.

I know a few long time City fans who were season ticket holders and really enthusiastic back in the day, none of them are any more and seldom go to games.

I don't doubt that they were well supported, but in recent years its been such a long sob story about poor us, we've really had it hard in the past, and that means massively inflating the English transfer market and messing up the financial balance of football by spending £200 million on fullbacks is fine. When you look at some of the other clubs in the local area, like Stockport, Oldham, Bury and Macclesfield, it just gets tiresome. It's frustrating in that their overspending is definitely contributing to league structure in English football having many financial issues, but because they were in third tier once that's excusable is the attitude that some fans I have come across have. May I add I have met many decent city fans especially up there on away days, and they are 100 times better than the Red lot across Manchester, they definitely have a fantastic fanbase, but they do often come up with some nonsense about how overspending is fine. It winds me up when people go on about their attendance and I still think they are one of the biggest clubs in the country outside the traditional top 6, while Liverpool boast about selling out their tickets to fans who have no affinity to the club whatsoever, where as city offer tickets to the local community, as well as their cheap tickets actually gave me while I was at university the chance to watch champions league football for the first time for a tenner. Personally they aren't all bad but you get some overinflated moronic heads at every club. The Liam Gallagher clones are just funny, I usually keep a tally of how many I spot when we play them.

The only thing that I am concerned about is us. They(city) are the champions and for us to be hosting them being 4th in the best league in the world is in itself remarkable. If we can get any points from the game it will be a great weekend. The comeback last season was brilliant and if they are bitter about it so what! That's football and that's why we love it. Being bitter about getting beat by little teams like Brighton? So what!!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think it’s helpful Citeh fans reminded us why we beat them at Amex last season. So all we’ve gotta do, is kick the f***ing shit out of them again on Saturday! :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think they’ll find us even more “professional” this season. Not sure I remember us kicking them last time out though, they just didn’t like that we didn’t roll over at 0-2 like most teams do.

We seem to be picking up a large number of cards without actually being dirty.

Jahanbakhsh only got a yellow for what could well have been a red card.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
:D Still moaning about last season, you should’ve had a player sent off in the semi final against us, you dirty cheats!

Little club? The club that brought more fans than you did to Wembley. The club that knocked you out of the League Cup when we had to play at one of the worst grounds ever in the third tier and you were the richest club in the world. Seriously, if you were a neutral, who would you rather see win in that situation?

The sheer lack of knowledge of other clubs makes you wonder if they are even football fans at all.

Same old ‘I know someone from Brighton who supports Liverpool but says they support BHA too, therefor the whole fanbase are like it’. So what? We have a lost generation of fans who happen to not be bitter about their local team doing well, I bet most of them don’t go to the games anyway. So, we have the actual fanbase that go to games (almost all of them going in The Championship) and local plastics who probably have us as a second team. Shock horror! Funny how they wouldn’t say something similar about Palace, even though they had much smaller crowds than us in the second tier.

So, in short, they know **** all. Shame, the City fans I’ve met in Brighton have been really friendly and the ones I met on the way back from Wembley said our fans were amazing.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
One of them knows their onions.

BM1.JPG

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It's a bit weird this thread. Brighton are one of the best teams to watch in the league with a really good English manager who wants to play the game the right way.

I don't know what some on here expected them to do in May but teams are allowed to try and beat us.

I’ve found a sensible one.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If I were them I would have been a bit pissed off at Jahanbakhsh tackle on Gundogan, an important player for them and a big game coming up, but if it was the other way round Brighton fans would blame Potter for playing Gundogan in an unimportant game if anything serious had happened to him.
It's what happens when your Manager has proven his worth over the years, every issue is the fault of the ref/opposition/tv schedule/VAR, never the manager picking the wrong side or getting done by a manager that had a bit of luck with the sending off, and had the talent in him and at his disposal, to exploit it.
I am expecting less joy today, as I doubt Pep is taking us lightly and will be well prepared, but if knew the result before we kicked off, there would be no point playing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Singing a song about a billion in the bank - bellends :)

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Approaching ground late at 5pm. A coach load of city fans (spotty 20 year olds) were entering the car park and every window on the coach was full of their fans doing all the w@nker and v signs. A big group of us Albion fans on the the side of the road just laughed at them, which wound them up even more, genuinely, they looked so ridiculous with their angry silent gesturing faces. Strange as it just came out of no where, its not like we've got any rivalry with them.*

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Approaching ground late at 5pm. A coach load of city fans (spotty 20 year olds) were entering the car park and every window on the coach was full of their fans doing all the w@nker and v signs. A big group of us Albion fans on the the side of the road just laughed at them, which wound them up even more, genuinely, they looked so ridiculous with their angry silent gesturing faces. Strange as it just came out of no where, its not like we've got any rivalry with them.*

Gaggle of 20 year old city fans spent the entire game goading and gesturing at individual
Brighton fans in the east corner.. One Brighton fan was ejected for responding. I like a bit of back & forth but that was ridiculous. Shower of bell ends.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Singing a song about a billion in the bank - bellends :)

Disappointing to see so much plastic at the Amex in this day and age TBH

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

They didn’t like me reminding them their club died 10 years ago and we beat them 3-2 and nothing would ever change that - something about a red card and he didn’t touch him and something inaudible in northern… Cheerio - you lost your soul lads

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here