Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Citeh fans

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes but it's the specifics of what they are writing that are a bit odd.

You do realise that it is only ourselves in our blue and white tinted spectacles who fail to see Brighton for what we really are - dirty, dirty b'stards? :shrug:

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not doubting you at all but all the twattery that I saw personally on that day seemed to be instigated by Brighton eejits.

I seem to recall Das Reich mentioning he was at the game. He doesn't normally go to watch football, so perhaps one and one may add up to two :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Dunk and Duffy etc. not backward in challenges but otherwise otherwise have never clogged our way to victory in any game I have watched at the Amex.

As has been mentioned previously they don't expect to be beaten so they start making excuses.

I don't think we will win by the way, but neither do I expect a thrashing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A lot of them seem to think we're decent :shrug:

And vice versa :shrug:

On our Big Day Out At Wembley, just about every Man City fan I chatted to was a longtime proper supporter with exactly the same level of expectation they presumably always had in pre-Citeh days. Their favourite saying? 'Same Old City' like they were still expecting things to go tits-up on the pitch at any moment, like in ye olden days. Top people! Reckon it'll be exactly the same for longtime Newcastle fans for the foreseeable

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Surprisingly bitter. We really weren't that dirty that night and never really are - what must they say about Burnley??!!

And to be honest, it's total hypocrisy, they are the most cynical side in the league with Fernandinho being the worst of the lot. The ref conspiracy stuff is very funny, talk about paranoia!

They always beat Burnley, so nothing untoward to whine about.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder if they realise that they are the only ones (as far as I know) who have accused us of being a dirty team? Must just be sour grapes, shirley?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Remember Laporte injuring himself for the entire 19/20 season after a cynical foul on Adam Webster as he was making a break into their half in the away game that season? They probably still blame us for that, even though the ref booked Laporte as he was being stretchered off the pitch!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got to be a Phd thesis in how different groups of people perceive the same events differently. I was at the City game and don't recall any dirtiness/thuggery (or no more than usually happens in any PL match). Anyway hope we beat them again to give them some more to cry about.

Jul 25, 2021
"Last years game was one of the most corrupt i have seen, and i think it was after we won the PL so i can only think of gambling/betting"

We don't call him Uncle Tony for nothing.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I really don't understand the implication that we were really dirty in that game? It was nothing out of the ordinary that's for sure... perhaps they aren't used to seeing their players actually get tackled?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
All of the top six forums seem to share a paranoia about officials conspiring against them, but City appear to be the most tin foil hatted. I suppose its a combination of always expecting to win and needing a narrative when they don't, and an over-reaction to the real battles that the club had with Uefa over their shoddy financial reporting. The story became 'Every big team does it. Uefa only picked on us because we're the new money', rather than the truth, which was 'Every big team does it. Uefa picked on us, because we got caught.' Once there is a sense of 'everyone's against us' it's not too much of a step to start believing that administrators and officials are conspiring against you. If the UK ones are, they're doing a pretty rubbish job of it, given that over the last four years, City have won ten of the sixteen domestic titles available to them.

Their fans came out with all of this Infowars garbage after the game. There were a couple of contentious decisions that went our way, the sending off of Cancello and the booking of AJ. Us home fans being in the stadium for the first time in ages may have helped sway the ref. I hope so, that's certainly why we were all shouting, but a section of City's TV watching audience turned that into 'They kicked us off the park' (13 fouls to their 11), how could they win when the officials were corrupt? (Only we got a booking for time wasting, despite them doing far more of it before our winning goal, the sending off didn't stop them going 2-0 up and it wasn't the ref who passed the ball to Leandro under no pressure) and Brighton players were overly fired up for a dead rubber (It may have been a dead rubber to you lads, but our lot were playing in front of fans for the first time that year and didn't have one eye on a Champions League final).

Our players turned that game in the last forty minutes with the help of the atmosphere made by the crowd. That was the view of all disinterested reporting at the time. None of us turned to conspiracy theory and ill founded accusations of physicality in response to any of the several times when they stuffed us. We're all biased in football, but occasionally you have to accept the cliche that your team lost because the opposition wanted it more. For City fans, this was one of those occasions and to still be in denial of it months later just seems a bit out of touch with reality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here