Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cineworld buys up Duke Of Yorks

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
So, so negative.

EDIT: Sorry, this lost part of it's sarcasm. Anyway, the new venue is very nice. Come have a look.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As for the rest of your post I agree with you. It may take six months, a year, even two years but eventually someone at Cineworld will say "we could do with another three screens of Transformers 8 in Brighton"; "Why are we selling home made cake, McVities will supply us with pre-packaged cake bars at a third of the price" or "Who are Dark Star? Why don't we stock John Smiths in all our venues? That will save us loads of money and it is basically the same thing, right?".
You;re probably right.
Which should make us all the more appreciative (if that's possible) of The Albion.

But then does lead onto the question:-

If/when these proposals are brought up, the people with a vested interest should be using our club as the best example of 'local things for local people'.

What are the chances, in years to come, The Albion are cited as the reason for Pukka Pies, John Smith's, Carlsberg going out of business!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
All very true.
I might be, a wishy washy, believe in the best of intentions, liberal, but I ain't stooopid.

But assuming the DoY is losing money, why wouldn't they just sell it off anyway?

Plus I'd be interested to know, from those disappointed with the decision, how often have you been to the DoY's and when was the last time. Verses trips to the multiplex.

I've not been to a multiplex for about 5 years. I go to Duke's probably 10-15 times a year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here