Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A friend of mine is quite close to the Academy at Southampton and he says that some of the talent they have coming through is UNBELIEVABLE. Luke Shaw is obviously the pick of the crop but there's others that are, apparently, superb prospects.

Yep, Gallagher gave a MoM performance when he played recently, Reed is on the verge of the first team, Chambers has also played for the first XI this season, and that's without even considering Lallana (alright, they did nick him off Bournemouth I think), Shaw & Ward-Prowse (& Walcott & Bale & Oxlade-Chamberlain...).

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
A friend of mine is quite close to the Academy at Southampton and he says that some of the talent they have coming through is UNBELIEVABLE. Luke Shaw is obviously the pick of the crop but there's others that are, apparently, superb prospects.

That is what we have to aim for. If we are even half as successful it will be a great result

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It does go to show that Southampton are doing something right! A good number of their players in there. You expect the majority to be from the big 4, but well done Saints.
They, well St Mary's, fell into a perfect storm for junior football.

Pompey didn't/don't have an academy.
Us and Bournemouth were living hand to mouth in non-league facilities.
Bale then Walcott make it big.

As a junior where would you want to go?
As a parent where would you want your child to go?

5 years down the line, look what pops out the other end.
How many people here will be able to wait till the next decade before they see substantial results from Lancing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here