Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
I don't think he played to keep him happy, he played because he is our second best keeper, has played well in every game picked so far and Garcia (like many other managers) rests the first choice keeper in cup games.
That's completely different to playing a youngster to give him a bit of experience.

I think Oscar did play Brez to keep him happy, why would you need to 'rest' tk. goalies don't exactly run about that much now do they.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What about Masiemenko and Monakana are they spelt right ??? What are they up to, how are they progressing ?
I didn't look them up, so the NSC spelling bores and grammar Police will be onto me later YAWN !!!!
Are they up to the high standards required of the lunatic fringe on NSC ? :tosser:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Given the limited opportunities/exposure a back up keeper gets I would be happy to see Walton as TK's deputy next season getting used to the matchday experience and atmosphere. It would be great for his development no matter how young he is. Jack Butland when at Birmingham is a case in point. After all if we lost our first choice keeper for more than a couple of games it's odds-on we would/could get an experienced loanee in.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Given the limited opportunities/exposure a back up keeper gets I would be happy to see Walton as TK's deputy next season getting used to the matchday experience and atmosphere. It would be great for his development no matter how young he is. Jack Butland when at Birmingham is a case in point. After all if we lost our first choice keeper for more than a couple of games it's odds-on we would/could get an experienced loanee in.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've always found it weird a football league club has 3 keepers. You are very unlikely to EVER need the 3rd keeper....and if ever you would you just ask for an emergency loan and will 100% be granted it.

People like Shay Given have been available from the prem this year. Always easy to get a young or very old keeper in from the prem...and VERY unlikely you'll have to.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I've always found it weird a football league club has 3 keepers. You are very unlikely to EVER need the 3rd keeper....and if ever you would you just ask for an emergency loan and will 100% be granted it.

People like Shay Given have been available from the prem this year. Always easy to get a young or very old keeper in from the prem...and VERY unlikely you'll have to.

We actually have FIVE professional goalkeepers on the books. In addition to PIG, Brez and Ankergren, and Walton, we also have Grant Smith, who came to us in September 2012 from Fulham. He is currently on loan at Bognor. Nobody ever mentions him, possibly because he hasn't played for the DS very much.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Brez is offski in the summer.

Feel free to bounce this in 6 months time.

We need a shake up of our keeper situation in the summer as I don't see the merit of having 3 keepers in their 30's on our books for the first team. Ideally I'd like to see something like TK as 1st choice, A younger keeper aged 20-23 as no.2 and seen as the long term replacement with Walton as no.3.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No, we should have played our no1 keeper

So easy to say after PB's shaky game at Hull but I didn't see all these type's of posts after the Reading and Port Vale games, Loads of clubs give back up keepers the cup games as it gives them much needed match time.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Our third keeper was on the bench at Hull. If Brezovan had got a knock in the game he'd have had to come on.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What about Maksiemenko and Monakana are they spelt right ??? What are they up to, how are they progressing ?
I didn't look them up, so the NSC spelling bores and grammar Police will be onto me later YAWN !!!!
Are they up to the high standards required of the lunatic fringe on NSC ? :tosser:

Ignoring the spelling bit, Max is at Kilmarnock and Monakana is still settling in but, people who have seen him say he has potential (and plays a little like Kaz).

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Thanks for the update.

Well done him.

Did Sullivan and Martin both play for the England under 19s?

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2014/mar/england-v-turkey-match-report

England U19s: (4-3-3) 1 Mitchell Beeney (Chelsea); 5 Ola Aina (Chelsea), 2 Calum Chambers (c) (Southampton), 6 Shay Facey (Manchester City), 3 Matthew Targett (Southampton); 4 Isaac Hayden (Arsenal), 7 John Swift (Chelsea), 8 Lewis Baker (Chelsea); 11 Josh Murphy (Norwich City), 9 Sam Gallagher (Southampton), 10 Devante Cole (Manchester City).

Substitutes: 12 Harrison Reed (Southampton) for Chambers 46; 14 Callum Robinson (Aston Villa) for Cole 58; 15 Dominic Ball (Tottenham Hotspur) for Swift 58; 16 Alex Mowatt (Leeds United) for Gallagher 67; 17 Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill (Arsenal) for Targett 67; 18 Paul Digby (Barnsley) for Murphy 67; 13 Christian Walton (Brighton & Hove Albion) for Beeney 76.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2014/mar/england-v-turkey-match-report

England U19s: (4-3-3) 1 Mitchell Beeney (Chelsea); 5 Ola Aina (Chelsea), 2 Calum Chambers (c) (Southampton), 6 Shay Facey (Manchester City), 3 Matthew Targett (Southampton); 4 Isaac Hayden (Arsenal), 7 John Swift (Chelsea), 8 Lewis Baker (Chelsea); 11 Josh Murphy (Norwich City), 9 Sam Gallagher (Southampton), 10 Devante Cole (Manchester City).

Substitutes: 12 Harrison Reed (Southampton) for Chambers 46; 14 Callum Robinson (Aston Villa) for Cole 58; 15 Dominic Ball (Tottenham Hotspur) for Swift 58; 16 Alex Mowatt (Leeds United) for Gallagher 67; 17 Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill (Arsenal) for Targett 67; 18 Paul Digby (Barnsley) for Murphy 67; 13 Christian Walton (Brighton & Hove Albion) for Beeney 76.

I see first choice is Mitchell Beeney, any relation to the great Mark and Sarah Beeney ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think Oscar did play Brez to keep him happy, why would you need to 'rest' tk. goalies don't exactly run about that much now do they.
I reckon you're under a lot more pressure as a goalie than as a striker though - one mistake and the ball could there in the back of the net and the whole team is fed up with you.

I see first choice is Mitchell Beeney, any relation to the great Mark and Sarah Beeney ?
According to a quote posted by [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] on the first page it's Mark's son.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

It does go to show that Southampton are doing something right! A good number of their players in there. You expect the majority to be from the big 4, but well done Saints.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It does go to show that Southampton are doing something right! A good number of their players in there. You expect the majority to be from the big 4, but well done Saints.

I thought the gentlemen in Croydon had the greatest academy in the world.... where are all their young superstars?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It does go to show that Southampton are doing something right! A good number of their players in there.

I think Chambers & Gallagher have played for their first team this season.

There's at least a couple of footballers' offspring in there too. Aside from Mitch Beeney, I'm pretty sure Devante Cole is son of Don't-call-me-Andy-call-me-Andrew Cole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here