Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Couldn't do any worse than Brez, shows how weak our backups are

I find the Brez witch hunt very O.T.T. Yes, he had a very poor and indicisive game, but he understudied for Kuszczak several times this season and invariably has been excellent.

No, he's not our future. No, he's not our best 'keeper. He is however still a capable back-up and just because he had a (very) bad game doesn't delete the rest of the season.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I find the Brez witch hunt very O.T.T. Yes, he had a very poor and indicisive game, but he understudied for Kuszczak several times this season and invariably has been excellent.

No, he's not our future. No, he's not our best 'keeper. He is however still a capable back-up and just because he had a (very) bad game doesn't delete the rest of the season.

But thats the problem, his plays well, and you just KNOW a mistake is on the horizon..... if Koosh has a bad game or makes a clanger, its a surprise, why not play Walton? Brez is old news and has played some blinders for us, i just feel if were blooding youngsters, play him instead

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brezovan's work for us is done now.

Time to loan him out, and promote Walton to number 3.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The only problem is, Walton still needs development works, and that means games. From what I understand, the DS has a different schedule to the first team, so by putting him in with the first team, could actually harm his development, and limit the amount of games he could play.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I agree. We could be a lot worse off.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Can't argue with any of that.

Yes, he was awful at Hull and (probably) cost us the game. I often cringe whenever I see him positioning for an opposition attack. However as stated, there have been plenty of times when he's stepped up and had a reliable game. There was the match earlier this season at home where the PIG was injured just before kick off. (I forget who against) He came in under serious pressure and was near faultless that day. So much so, he kept his place and Kuszczak had to win the shirt back.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We'll keep Brez, get rid of Ankergren and Walton will be no 3 imo. Brez got a lot of stick (and rightly so) for the Hull game but don't forget he is usually thrown in at the deep end against Premiership teams when we're on the back foot (managers choice, not his). Having said that I reckon PIG could be off at the end of the season.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He didn't bring in March.

Fair enough with Ince although I had naively assumed this may have been a Gus link much like Bridders.

March came in from Lewes in November 2011 - was that pre Burke? Apologies if it was.

However, Chicksen & Manakan as previously mentioned look like they have bags of potential.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So we should have used a 5th round cup replay to try out people for the future?

You've missed the point. No we shouldn't, we should just play our best goalkeeper, always. My point was, what was the point in keeping Brez happy when he clearly won't be part of our plans next season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I'm not having a go at Brez, but he clearly isn't our best keeper. And also clearly isn't our future. Therefore he shoudn't be picked unless Kuszczak has an injury.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
You've missed the point. No we shouldn't, we should just play our best goalkeeper, always. My point was, what was the point in keeping Brez happy when he clearly won't be part of our plans next season.

Who said so? He could, god forbid, be our No.1 if TK goes....

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I don't think he played to keep him happy, he played because he is our second best keeper, has played well in every game picked so far and Garcia (like many other managers) rests the first choice keeper in cup games.
That's completely different to playing a youngster to give him a bit of experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here